Graphics: Spiderman vs Horizon zero dawn vs RDR2

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
HZD had the most beautiful graphics this gen for me. I loved everything about the art style and rendering. Traveling through green forests at night was beautiful. It was the 'Avatar' of videogames when it came to how vivid & colorful it was. RDR2 has the most dynamic, "living" world but I'm not as amazed by the graphics in this as I was the first time I took control of Aloy.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
HZD had the most beautiful graphics this gen for me. I loved everything about the art style and rendering. Traveling through green forests at night was beautiful. It was the 'Avatar' of videogames when it came to how vivid & colorful it was. RDR2 has the most dynamic, "living" world but I'm not as amazed by the graphics in this as I was the first time I took control of Aloy.
Thats why i made tye thread about Far Cry 5 having the most photorealistic graphics of all ooen world games, HZD wasnt trying to do a "photorealistic" look, its very colorful and cartoonish looking at times, Far Cry 5 looks like a real life picture. So far, best open world graphics easily.

Im still in the early stages of RDR2 do i cant zpeak on the overall graphics yet.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Red dead 2 is the best looking console games I've seen period.

After that I'd say gow4, then everything else.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think the Order still has the crown, other games have come close tho

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Comparing open world games to linear games is retarded in terms of graphics.

For all games, its either UC4 or Detroit.

For open world its Horizon.

God Of War falls somewhere in between.

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille
HZD is the best looking game I’ve ever seen. I think some of you are confusing art style with graphics.

Detroit is also up there in terms of graphics.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Detroit, Uncharted 4, The Order and God of War are the best looking games this gen graphically with RDR2 rightfully up there but I think the aforementioned titles look better in a lot of areas(special effects, character models, level of detail in the environment, animations etc.)

RDR2 is very close but again, that's just the new release hype clouding memory. Arthur doesn't look as good as Nate or Kratos or anything else nor does the environments hold up as great compared to those games(again nto saying it's "bad" before any of you stans come crying.)

Linear games will always have the edge because there's less to render all at once.
Not to say RDR2 isn't impressive but... UC4 still looks better imo. God of War etc.

I'd say it looks better than HZD or Spider-Man though I think in some areas.

TLOU Part II will probably be the best overall.

I mean, look at this shyt:
This is GAMEPLAY facial animation.

YFFP314.gif

9Nwecou.gif

4HbsBwa.gif

BqVSLli.gif

Just pay attention, ND raises the bar every time.

@kingofnyc

Saying this isn't seriously impressive in comparison to 99% of other games is straight up lying.

TL;DR

They're all gorgeous, some linear PS exclusives look better in a lot of ways but again some people won't care to admit something is impressive because of the box/label it's from.

Last edited:

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Horizon Zero Dawn has the best graphics I’ve seen this gen. No other game comes close except for the Order 1886 and Maybe God Of War. RDR 2 graphics really wasn’t that good.