Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition | PC/PS/Xbox/Switch | Out Now

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's really weird about this is the remakes being made in Unreal Engine.

Seems completely against the usual Rockstar MO, since at this point one of the internal bullet points for reasons to continue iterating on and developing in RAGE is not having to give up royalties by using Unreal. I don't think they're expecting this to do standard series numbers, but they're probably expecting this to sell pretty well.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Remasters are for last gen games. If it's been 2 to 3 gens, you need a remake or a fukking sequel. like GTA6.

I’m remaining slightly optimistic bcuz it worked for mass effect…but this GTA trilogy was one gen before that tho…I’ll play it by ear and see how it looks/play…not buying it unless I’m completely satisfied with what I see/hear about the game

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
What's really weird about this is the remakes being made in Unreal Engine.

Seems completely against the usual Rockstar MO, since at this point one of the internal bullet points for reasons to continue iterating on and developing in RAGE is not having to give up royalties by using Unreal. I don't think they're expecting this to do standard series numbers, but they're probably expecting this to sell pretty well.

If true that trilogy is gonna do gangbusters especially if it’s updated graphics and not just smoothing out jaggies. There’s two generations of gamers who’ve never played those games or had access to em.

RE2 remake sold 8 million copies, a remake/remaster of the OG trilogy could easily be the best selling game of 2021/22

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
If true that trilogy is gonna do gangbusters especially if it’s updated graphics and not just smoothing out jaggies. There’s two generations of gamers who’ve never played those games or had access to em.

RE2 remake sold 8 million copies, a remake/remaster of the OG trilogy could easily be the best selling game of 2021/22
:skip: shyt has been released every generation since, even on phones. Ain't nobody about to rush to play some ps2 games in 2021.

There's a huge difference between a remake and a remaster.