Gran Turismo 7 + VR2 | PS4/PS5 | 3/4/2022

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
just got my 25th anniversary yesterday from Amazon.

it came with a disc...but also a code for the game?

legit confused.

Game is on the disc, should be 2 papers with codes for bonus content. You have to log into playstation account on a web browser to redeem those codes.

Last edited:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Isn’t the wheel harder to drive with? I have a wheel and I used it on horizon and I find it harder to control than the controller

It requires much input than the controller but is way more realistic like regular driving. You get a feel for every car and how they handle. Case and point, driving a Porsche Carrera GT last night, that car is insanely twitchy and super sensitive to gas, brake, and steering input, would have never gotten that feedback from a controller. Plus a lot of the wheels have force-feedback, driving feels much more involved and realistic. It might make you a better driver for the game.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Isn’t the wheel harder to drive with? I have a wheel and I used it on horizon and I find it harder to control than the controller
They're fundamentally different games in terms of physics. Horizon simplifies the physics model from Motorsport. It's supposed to give a general feel of realism but be a casual racing game. A wheel just doesn't fit with the philosophy of the handling much.

Game is beautiful af and I've just been immersing myself in the greatness:wow:

The only complaint I have is wishing there was more physical damage from crashing in the cars, I think that would hammer in the sim aspect of the game and keep me more cautious of not scraping by cars and hitting walls. The AI could be tweaked some too.
Blame car manufacturers for being sissies about the representation of their cars.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Game is on the disc, should be 2 papers with codes for bonus content. You have to log into playstation account on a web browser to redeem those codes.

I entered both the codes from the PS Store interface on the ps5. The first code with the 3 cars and extra money credit. The 2nd one was a "game" code, I entered it but didn't see anything. It said some shyt like nothing available or something.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
It requires much input than the controller but is way more realistic like regular driving. You get a feel for every car and how they handle. Case and point, driving a Porsche Carrera GT last night, that car is insanely twitchy and super sensitive to gas, brake, and steering input, would have never gotten that feedback from a controller. Plus a lot of the wheels have force-feedback, driving feels much more involved and realistic. It might make you a better driver for the game.

They're fundamentally different games in terms of physics. Horizon simplifies the physics model from Motorsport. It's supposed to give a general feel of realism but be a casual racing game. A wheel just doesn't fit with the philosophy of the handling much.

Blame car manufacturers for being sissies about the representation of their cars.

Do y’all have whole rigs? I just clamp mine to a desk

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA

Damn that’s why they have it like that?:ohhh:These car manufacturers :mjlol:

Rayzah

Daps
XPlay did a review and they did not like it, they may be the only reviews that didn’t like it. This means those nerds are not into cars, this game ain’t for gamers it’s for car enthusiasts that also like video games. Also I can never take a white person opinion on a soundtrack seriously

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Do y’all have whole rigs? I just clamp mine to a desk

I have a rig, Playseat Evolution setup with the Logitech G29 shifter/wheel/pedal. Old pic from last year..........

3O3A5479.jpg

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I entered both the codes from the PS Store interface on the ps5. The first code with the 3 cars and extra money credit. The 2nd one was a "game" code, I entered it but didn't see anything. It said some shyt like nothing available or something.

Can you try it from a web browser on a pc or laptop? I know for the 1M credits they showed up instantly while I was playing, the 3 extra cars I had to restart the game for them to be added.

Rayzah

Daps
I have a rig, Playseat Evolution setup with the Logitech G29 shifter/wheel/pedal. Old pic from last year..........

3O3A5479.jpg
I have that wheel but I feel like I need the rig because the pedals be sliding on my hardwood floors

also how are those speakers? I bet your neighbors hate you lol

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I have that wheel but I feel like I need the rig because the pedals be sliding on my hardwood floors

also how are those speakers? I bet your neighbors hate you lol

Yes, you definitely need the rig, co-worker ran into the same problems, he'd hit the brake and the pedals would slide out.

Speakers are amazing, I have a 13 speaker Atmos surround sound setup so the games are immersive, sounds like you are in the car. Lol, neighbors are cool, they don't complain.

Rayzah

Daps
Yes, you definitely need the rig, co-worker ran into the same problems, he'd hit the brake and the pedals would slide out.

Speakers are amazing, I have a 13 speaker Atmos surround sound setup so the games are immersive, sounds like you are in the car. Lol, neighbors are cool, they don't complain.
Dope. I have atmos but it’s only 5 plus the two height speakers and that shyt is flames. But my townhouse has pieces of paper for walls and my first weekend there they were complaining. Needless to say after a year I’m out.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
does it actual feel like driving?

Yes, it does, only things you could add would be the motion platforms that mount on the front and rear that would move the rig side to side to simulate movement in the car:

TRACTION PLUS PLATFORM - Next Level Racing

VR also but you have to make sure you don't get motion sickness.

Dope. I have atmos but it’s only 5 plus the two height speakers and that shyt is flames. But my townhouse has pieces of paper for walls and my first weekend there they were complaining. Needless to say after a year I’m out.

Slick, Atmos is the truth for movies and games. I have the 7.2.4 setup, satellites mounted on the ceiling for top front and rear, surround sides and backs. some games have me looking around :damn: hearing shyt overhead and in back of me.