Gran Turismo 7 + VR2 | PS4/PS5 | 3/4/2022

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this game gonna have people spending money on wheels, chairs, headsets….

yep I paid $4k to play a game that I could easily play with $60-75 controllers…and I’d do it all over again…I tried playing forza with the controller recently and I just can’t :picard:

the last of my gear should be arriving in a week or 2 :blessed:

forza 5, this game and me still quarantining finally got me into sim racing…didn’t imagine it’d be this fun

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
yep I paid $4k to play a game that I could easily play with $60-75 controllers…and I’d do it all over again…I tried playing forza with the controller recently and I just can’t :picard:

the last of my gear should be arriving in a week or 2 :blessed:

forza 5, this game and me still quarantining finally got me into sim racing…didn’t imagine it’d be this fun

what seat/wheel setup you got?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
what seat/wheel setup you got?

right now I have a thrustmaster ts-xw but it’s only compatible with xbox so I upgraded to the fanatec GT DD pro…it’s designed for the playstation but I can use the wheelbase with xbox as long as I use a different wheel…so I got a leather forza wheel…I didn’t like the wheel it came with so I also bought a suede BMW wheel for the playstation…and I’m using a TR1 simlab rig…I also bought a shifter and sturdier pedals…all wheels have shifter “plates” behind them but I like the realism of having an actual shifter on my right side

*edit*

I just realized you asked about a seat…I got a black recliner seat from trak racer…it’s comfortable and probably the “lowest” costing seat…bucket seats look cooler but I heard they’re not that comfortable for long gaming sessions and some of them shyts cost a bit too much

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
right now I have a thrustmaster ts-xw but it’s only compatible with xbox so I upgraded to the fanatec GT DD pro…it’s designed for the playstation but I can use the wheelbase with xbox as long as I use a different wheel…so I got a leather forza wheel…I didn’t like the wheel it came with so I also bought a suede BMW wheel for the playstation…and I’m using a TR1 simlab rig

been hearing GREAT shyt about that Fanatec

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
been hearing GREAT shyt about that Fanatec

this is the absolute basic you need to get started

Gran Turismo DD Pro

from what I’ve heard fanatec is the top of the line for console sim racing…I’m looking forward to putting it to the test…they offer more wheel varieties and their DD wheelbases provide more of a realistic force feedback experience from what I’ve read/heard due to its design

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
this is the absolute basic you need to get started

Gran Turismo DD Pro

from what I’ve heard fanatec is the top of the line for console sim racing…I’m looking forward to putting it to the test…they offer more wheel varieties and their DD wheelbases provide more of a realistic force feedback experience from what I’ve read/heard due to its design
Fanatec is more or less the standard for gear at and above entry level. They were smart enough to get an ecosystem going and most of their stuff plays nicely together. Thrustmaster keeps them honest on the entry level side. There are arguably better direct drive wheel bases, but they're more expensive and only work with PC. Same for pedals and shifters.

Ultimately with sim racing gear, just like flight sim gear, you have to commit and go all in. You can get away with a normal chair, but at a minimum you need wheel, pedals, and shifter.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ultimately with sim racing gear, just like flight sim gear, you have to commit and go all in. You can get away with a normal chair, but at a minimum you need wheel, pedals, and shifter.

agreed at the bold…the biggest mistake I made personally was starting off cheap to save money which ultimately cost me more money…bcuz I have a lot of time to commit to gaming, I outgrew my first rig/setup pretty quickly…I should’ve gone for the simlab rig/fanatec gear right out the gate

I’m gonna spend at least a year with it before deciding if I want to get into PC sim racing…shyt will be expensive as hell…if this doesn’t get me into gaming on the PC tho, then nothing will lol

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Almost time

Ni8oWs.gif

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a minute or two behind.

Why they using the old Google Hangouts notification sound?

Also, menu and UI navigation is VERY Japanese, in about as negative a way as I can say it. Looks like this is a game that'll be amazing to play, but mediocre to terrible to navigate through menus, like a lot of Japanese games.