GQ Article: The Surreal Saga of Bobby Shmurda

MusicConsulting

All Star
Daps
Bruh they denied his bail like 3 times. They ain't letting out
They could've done it early on. What I heard was Epic was nervous of getting associated with freeing someone over gun charges.

It's silly , they got excited about him and now they won't help their investment. People have been pardoned for far more severe crimes than this. :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just reading through this now.

Very interesting point in the article is that there was no drugs or large amounts of money found when GS9 got raided.

That could work in Bobby's favour
that's irrelevant. they had an indictment based on a case they had been building for months.

Last edited:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
That whole article was sad as fukk tbh.

Guy in gang makes music, now wants to leave gang when he becomes successful with it
But dont really wanna leave cause of loyalty- conflicted issues
Mother in court crying. :mjcry:cause the death of her son to rival gang members and her not wanting to believe her son was in a gang :wow:

NYPD acting the same as always :francis:
That whole studio section and the downfall:wow:

Dam it was too late Bobby :mjcry:

This sounds like the story of many blacks in the hood:mjcry:
The article is so true about that neighborhood shyt, bein a GS dealing with there fukkery because you lived on a Crip block, you are who you associate with even if you aren't banging like that, reading the article I feel for Bobby now he actually wanted to get away but couldn't...Glad I don't live in Brownsville no more, banging it out with childhood homies, because I'm GS, but the street over is a blood hood....Truly feel bad the Youngin couldn't escape it like I did

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
There was an issue where Bobby was saying he wasn't getting the correct money for his shows. He had issues with his manager but I'm not sure if it's the same guy mentioned in the article. I'm wondering if the tax was deducted before Bobby got his cut.

It's crazy how they damn near had to kidnap him to seperate him from GSC.
If you are a Crip you are paying taxes you put in the pot weekly of some sorts brehs, or they coming at your head, unless you a og...

And you can't exactly walk away from the Crip shyt, Syke the one who brought that crip shyt to NY and was the leader of GSC was shot after he tried to fold it up because he had a son... so Bobby truly couldn't walk away, I kinda want to shed a tear for the boy he had a golden pathway in front of him but the leaches kept him in and ruined his life:mjcry:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Damn son :mjcry:

The part where Bobby was telling Slice he's done with the hood shyt. It's really fact Bobby was preaching a lot of positivity before getting locked up.

I call bullshyt on that.

Dude wrote a hit song that dry snitched on the whole crew and there's a lot of little hood videos of him on the block chilling well after his record deal with him knowing damn well shyt could pop off at any moment. By then I'm sure law enforcement had long been piling up ammo against him and anyone else they planned on taking down.

If Bobby really wanted out he woulda took whatever little money Sony advanced him and went to Jersey or some spot in Long Island and cranked out an album ASAP.

Obviously he felt his "loyalty" to his peoples but at some point you gotta leave the bullshyt behind, especially if corporations trying to fukk with you. Regardless, that kid was doomed the second he tap danced on that table for his butter biscuit

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Rowdy hid like a motherfucler it says they didn't find his as till 7 am that's 5 hours he prolly sparked am L and they smelled it

that's irrelevant. they had an indictment based on a case they had been building for months.
And what was the case built around? They don't have Bobby present at any of the shootings, only phone calls they got against him

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I am pretty sure the uncle mentioned is the same one who got into a lawsuit/disagreement with Bobby after the arrest....What I think is another disgraceful case of typical Hollywood/music industry eating it's young, is all the diva and stars who were doing the dance and posting on instagram....where are they? Did they pay for lawyers, offer to put up bail, offer support in the media? No, they just moved on to the next craze.
What don't yall understand even if someone came up with the money the goalpost would've been moved, this was a lightweight Rico on the GS crew

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
They could've done it early on. What I heard was Epic was nervous of getting associated with freeing someone over gun charges.

It's silly , they got excited about him and now they won't help their investment. People have been pardoned for far more severe crimes than this. :yeshrug:
:yeshrug: Bruh they keep denying it. For a long time they wouldn't give him a bail. Them they made it like 2 mill, people started putting up houses and shyt trying to get him out and they denying regardless

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I call bullshyt on that.

Dude wrote a hit song that dry snitched on the whole crew and there's a lot of little hood videos of him on the block chilling well after his record deal with him knowing damn well shyt could pop off at any moment. By then I'm sure law enforcement had long been piling up ammo against him and anyone else they planned on taking down.

If Bobby really wanted out he woulda took whatever little money Sony advanced him and went to Jersey or some spot in Long Island and cranked out an album ASAP.

Obviously he felt his "loyalty" to his peoples but at some point you gotta leave the bullshyt behind, especially if corporations trying to fukk with you. Regardless, that kid was doomed the second he tap danced on that table for his butter biscuit
Bruh that song mentions no events at all, it's a vague rap song, it didn't dry snitch on shyt, they had a Rico case building on these dudes long before all of that shyt took place. Bobby blowing up probably made them go after them harder to try and take them down sooner, he used no events in that song

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
More exploitation for the unfortunate case of Bobby Schmurda:huhldup::dame::sadcam:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Bruh that song mentions no events at all, it's a vague rap song, it didn't dry snitch on shyt, they had a Rico case building on these dudes long before all of that shyt took place. Bobby blowing up probably made them go after them harder to try and take them down sooner, he used no events in that song

I'm sure the case was building before the song but let's not act like he wasn't putting info out there that was easy to decode. When it's all said and done, Bobby and them are in the position they are as a direct result of their fukkery. If cats wanna rap, then rap. Bobby clearly wanted to do other things.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I'm sure the case was building before the song but let's not act like he wasn't putting info out there that was easy to decode. When it's all said and done, Bobby and them are in the position they are as a direct result of their fukkery. If cats wanna rap, then rap. Bobby clearly wanted to do other things.
nikka that song did nothin. The paperwork on the Rico goes back like 5-6 years before hot nikka blew up. They success made the police want them more tho. They have nothin but in jail phone calls pretty much saying what work they were putting in the streets. All type of shyt

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
caught a body bout a week ago? :francis: