GQ Article: The Surreal Saga of Bobby Shmurda

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was a interesting read by the way. Even those he was getting 20 g a show just think about how much he had to give his OG's and friends and the dude probably only saw 3gs a show after the fact :(

There was an issue where Bobby was saying he wasn't getting the correct money for his shows. He had issues with his manager but I'm not sure if it's the same guy mentioned in the article. I'm wondering if the tax was deducted before Bobby got his cut.

It's crazy how they damn near had to kidnap him to seperate him from GSC.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A minute passed. Then the elevator went "bing," and when the door opened, the N.Y.P.D. poured out, all rifle barrels and shouted commands. "Everybody put your hands up!"
Sha Money says that he, his engineer, and three Quad Studios employees immediately complied. Everyone else—all the GS9 kids—scattered and hid. "Some turned into Batman, some turned into Spider-Man, climbing the walls," Sha Money recalls now. "Some tried to turn into Invisible Man and hidbetweenwalls."

I can picture this right now :russ: I never hear about anyone getting away successfullu

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I am pretty sure the uncle mentioned is the same one who got into a lawsuit/disagreement with Bobby after the arrest....What I think is another disgraceful case of typical Hollywood/music industry eating it's young, is all the diva and stars who were doing the dance and posting on instagram....where are they? Did they pay for lawyers, offer to put up bail, offer support in the media? No, they just moved on to the next craze.

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
I am pretty sure the uncle mentioned is the same one who got into a lawsuit/disagreement with Bobby after the arrest....What I think is another disgraceful case of typical Hollywood/music industry eating it's young, is all the diva and stars who were doing the dance and posting on instagram....where are they? Did they pay for lawyers, offer to put up bail, offer support in the media? No, they just moved on to the next craze.

That same uncle I think is behind Zoey Dollaz

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps

Why would they though? They owe nothing to Bobby

Him and his crew did dirt. No matter how you try and twist it. I don't really care for the drug shyt, but when bodies start dropping or potentially start dropping then the shyt turns super sinister

Feel sad for the kid, but if he never did this shyt, his career would never had started anyway. The gift and the curse

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
His label are such jackasses. He gave you what you wanted. You wanted a "thug" to talk that talk on record, he gave you a backstory, he gave you the controversy. It would be so easy to bail this guy out and then have him featured on a lot of records. It is chickenfeed to bail out Schmurda, yet they want him to rot for doing what he was MARKETED to. Don't give me that "But.. they didnt really want to see the guns" The label wanted that flash and they got it. This is what they want still and they just don't want to admit it. :francis:
Bruh they denied his bail like 3 times. They ain't letting out

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
His label are such jackasses. He gave you what you wanted. You wanted a "thug" to talk that talk on record, he gave you a backstory, he gave you the controversy. It would be so easy to bail this guy out and then have him featured on a lot of records. It is chickenfeed to bail out Schmurda, yet they want him to rot for doing what he was MARKETED to. Don't give me that "But.. they didnt really want to see the guns" The label wanted that flash and they got it. This is what they want still and they just don't want to admit it. :francis:
Reminds me of that post Rhymefest penned about Chief Keef: Chief Keef Is The Bomb

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just reading through this now.

Very interesting point in the article is that there was no drugs or large amounts of money found when GS9 got raided.

That could work in Bobby's favour