GOTY 2021 Nominations are out *update* Rift Apart wins? LEAK

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nah, if you've played any of the other games I don't see how you can think it's GotY. Platform preference/allegiance aside lol. It's not even close. And I haven't played Metroid or Deathloop yet. The others are at least ambitious in some respect.

I played dread, deathloop, and rift apart, and psychonauts none of them are far better than the other :yeshrug:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I also want to reiterate i don’t really care what wins. I think its been a good gaming year but no game nominated is a 10/10 clear winner to me. They’re all just solid games to me, that excel at certain things and lack in others.

Really thinking on it, i feel that i had the most fun with Chicory. i think it had the best gameplay, best music, and best story which felt the most personal to me. It was the closest thing i felt that played like a classic zelda game, even more than deaths door which people are more comparing to zelda

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Not my game of the year(thats Deathloop) but Rift Apart was silly fun. Also one of the games that really took advantage of the Duelsense features(walkin in different environments, music in Club Nefarious, etc). Plus it played smooth as hell with the glide boots n runnin in them wall things n changin rifts. Weapons wheel was fun as usual(maxed out that peacemaker n glove of doom asap).

even in performance mode it looks like a high budget chi cartoon too.
Shoutout to my guy Juice n his alter dimension self. They held it down in that lab.:smugbiden:

Its time for Nefarious to wrap it up tho. Even in realities where he wins he stay losin:mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Not my game of the year(thats Deathloop) but Rift Apart was silly fun. Also one of the games that really took advantage of the Duelsense features(walkin in different environments, music in Club Nefarious, etc). Plus it played smooth as hell with the glide boots n runnin in them wall things n changin rifts. Weapons wheel was fun as usual(maxed out that peacemaker n glove of doom asap).

even in performance mode it looks like a high budget chi cartoon too.
Shoutout to my guy Juice n his alter dimension self. They held it down in that lab.:smugbiden:

Its time for Nefarious to wrap it up tho. Even in realities where he wins he stay losin:mjlol:

Mostly agree, I enjoyed the alpha nefarious twist though.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I will die of laughter if this is true

Screenshot_20211124-040058_Opera.jpg
voting is still open. if this is real, it just means the shyt is rigged

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Why does it mean it's rigged? Ratchet would be my pick from that selection too.

Which of those games is so clearly better than Ratchet that this is so egregious to ya'll?:francis:
Deathloop. Ratchet is great but if you played one you played most of em n the newest entry has a twist n is awesome but overall more of the same(def high production values tho).

I consider Deathloop a breath of fresh air for first person shooter games. and besides the ending that was disappointing, the rest of the narrative was better than Ratchet.

Ratchet=polished greatness

Deathloop= not perfect but ambitious.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Deathloop. Ratchet is great but if you played one you played most of em n the newest entry has a twist n is awesome but overall more of the same(def high production values tho).

I consider Deathloop a breath of fresh air for first person shooter games. and besides the ending that was disappointing, the rest of the narrative was better than Ratchet.

Ratchet=polished greatness

Deathloop= not perfect but ambitious.

I’d prefer deathloop to win also but both games are an 8 for me in different ways.

Same with dread and now psychonauts, nothing this year has really blown me away like last years offerings