GOTY 2021 Nominations are out *update* Rift Apart wins? LEAK

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Why does it mean it's rigged? Ratchet would be my pick from that selection too.

Which of those games is so clearly better than Ratchet that this is so egregious to ya'll?:francis:
Assuming that picture isn't complete bullshyt :mjlol:

Ratchet was never GOTY material. Games were playable, you might have a good time if you haven't played too many of them and that's about it.

Only thing Rift Apart excels in is graphics, otherwise it's the same serviceable game since PS2.

Sometime during the PS4 release, the series became a talking point for console wars on here but that was mainly for the graphics...just like this one. nikkas on here got legit mad when I could tell they never played the older ones because if they did, they would know this franchise has never been THAT great. :russ:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Ratchet was never GOTY material. Games were playable, you might have a good time if you haven't played too many of them and that's about it.

Only thing Rift Apart excels in is graphics, otherwise it's the same serviceable game since PS2.

Sometime during the PS4 release, the series became a talking point for console wars on here but that was mainly for the graphics...just like this one. nikkas on here got legit mad when I could tell they never played the older ones because if they did, they would know this franchise has never been THAT great. :russ:

935-E9-CF5-E486-4505-A03-C-B96-F22197705.jpg

iB5xwIJ.gif

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

well besides being part of the ps2 holy trilogy of platformers (ratchet, jak, sly) sure I guess it was nothin if we play make believe.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Hollow knight is a 10 how so over Metroid?
  • -10 hours long
  • Not that innovative over past titles
  • A lot of reused boss fights
  • Bad performance issues
  • No secrets
  • No real ending
  • No bonus, challenge areas or additional content, new game+, etc.
Hollow Knight doesn’t lack in any of those areas

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Give a fukk about no metacritic. :rudy:

It has a fanbase but the series was never that hot. Rift Apart would've come and go if PS5 had more exclusives out by now.

Considering you platinumed the game in a week and had to keep messing around in photo mode to justify $70 gone, I figure you'd understand on some level. :mjgrin:

well besides being part of the ps2 holy trilogy of platformers (ratchet, jak, sly) sure I guess it was nothin if we play make believe.
You essentially said the same thing I did, you just sugar-coated it.

fukk this franchise :mjlol:

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
RE8 are ratchet and clank are good games but not goty.....

Death loop got no business being up there. ..

Returnal was better than all 3 of them imo.

If I had to pick from these I'd pick Metroid Dread. Game was flames.

Can't speak on the other ones but I heard they was some mid.

List is bad this year.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Give a fukk about no metacritic. :rudy:

It has a fanbase but the series was never that hot. Rift Apart would've come and go if PS5 had more exclusives out by now.

Considering you platinumed the game in a week and had to keep messing around in photo mode to justify $70 gone, I figure you'd understand on some level. :mjgrin:

You essentially said the same thing I did, you just sugar-coated it.

fukk this franchise :mjlol:
sorry this 2 decade old franchise got you tight. may you find peace.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
get mad, stay mad:umad:

hollow knight set the new standard for metroidvanias. you should check it out. its available on all platforms, consoles + pc. no excuses to not play.:sas2:
Played it, it didn't hold my attention at all. I see what people like about if but the levels and world design wasn't inspiring nor inspiring as Metroid Dread.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
  • -10 hours long
  • Not that innovative over past titles
  • A lot of reused boss fights
  • Bad performance issues
  • No secrets
  • No real ending
  • No bonus, challenge areas or additional content, new game+, etc.
Hollow Knight doesn’t lack in any of those areas
When has 10 hour long games been a minus to y'all all of a sudden?:jbhmm:

It adds 2 completely new elements to the classic 2d Metroid series

Not a single actual boss fight was reused. Midbosses (if you want to call them that were)

It had some minor frame rate issues not "BAD" performance at all.

Hollow Knight felt, looked and played like a polished mobile game in comparison.