Gotta Have Some F*cking Pride and Optimism. Brooklyn Nets 22-23 Season Thread

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
Ben SImmons interview with JJ reddikk

On the Nets

• Broke down and had an emotional moment to himself when the trade to Brooklyn was announced. He didn't care about "who was getting traded for who"
  • When asked if he’s going to shoot 3’s for the Nets this season, he says he needs to.
  • He is excited and enthusiastic to start the season and play with KD, Kai, Joe, Royce and everybody else on the squad. Says if they can get it all together then they are going to be champions. "The team is unbelievable".
  • He believes that this Nets team is like “Philly on steroids” (Referring to the 18/19 Sixers with JJ)
  • Says the Nets are a great fit for what he does and what he brings to the game. “The type of players that we have, we are going to be able to run the floor easily. You know we got Claxton, who moves incredibly well. Kev, Patty, Kai, Joe, Royce —“
  • "No one can guard Kevin or Kai". Says their focus is incredible.
  • Praises the Nets organization, coaching staff and trainers. Their foundation is great. Says its consistent and a very calm place to be. It’s all smiles and everybody is eager to work. "Its a good environment"
  • Shoots down the rumor that he left a Nets group chat. Says he even messaged Patty to make sure he didn’t leave a group chat unknowingly.
  • He hurt his back while going up stairs. The entire right side of his body dropped and pain shot right down his leg. He had to lie down on the floor and he couldn’t move. He was vomiting due to the excessive pain. It felt like he was dying and that it was painful to do everything
  • Wanted to prove everybody wrong and try play in the playoffs for the Nets but he couldn’t jump or dunk and his glutes weren’t working. “It was fustrating”.
  • “If I’m hurt, I’m hurt. Im not trying to sit out”.
  • He was able to immediately walk after surgery which was a huge relief and a good sign.
  • He’s in a great place now physically and mentally.
  • Says he has no reservations about this season and that he’ll be great. Adds “I knew what it was going to take to get back to where I need to be, and I’ve been locked in”.
On The Sixers

• He was going through it mentally prior to the Hawks series.
  • Admits the he wasn’t at his best during the Hawks series. He was pushing his personal issues to the side and was refusing to address his mental health.
  • Recalls the infamous playoff pass happening so quickly and that he just made a read and didn’t think much of it at the time. He was immediately focused on the next play once it happened. Says he should’ve just "dunked that shyt" when watching it back and admits it looks terrible. In the moment he didn't even notice it was Trae coming towards him, he just spun and saw a Hawks jersey.
  • Mentioned that he was guarding the best player on the opposing team the entire game.
  • Agrees with JJ that Doc Rivers and Embiid threw him under the bus after Game 7.
  • He was in a dark place after the Hawks series and that "all he wanted was help". Felt like he had no support from the people he expected it from including coaching staff and (some) teammates. "Everybody has their own battles, but that was tough for me"
  • There were great guys on that team that did reach out to him at the time and he’s still friends with them to this day.
  • Claims the story about teammates flying out to LA to see him and him refusing to see them was bullshyt.
  • He returned to practice with the Sixers after the Hawks series because he wanted to do the right thing and wanted to do right by his teammates. Ultimately he wasn't ready mentally.
  • Right before practice he told Doc privately that he wasn’t ready and Doc said he was going to put him in anyway. Believes Doc and the team were fukking with him on purpose and wanted to find reasons to fine him. Says he didn’t have his phone in his pocket despite what many believed, it was actually his jersey. He was getting fined for not lifting weights despite being one of the strongest people on the team.
  • Admits that he didn’t handle things the right way, but neither did the Sixers.
  • “I don’t give a fukk about the money, I want peace and happiness” “My peace is more valuable than money”.
Other

• “I’m keeping tabs on everybody and what’s being said” referring to the excessive hate he’s been receiving.
  • When he plays he wants the opposing team to have to defend every player on his team, not just one guy.
  • Notes that Shooting is one of his weaknesses but is working on getting better. Believes people don’t respect what he already brings to the court (ex: Defense)
  • “I’m a winning player, I want to win” “My goal is to purely win”.
  • Notes that he values assists and scoring the same. Is always just trying to find the easiest bucket.
  • When asked about what he’s adding to his game he said “Using size to get where he wants” “To cut out the unnecessary movements”.
  • Uses Giannis & Lebron as examples as some of the hardest players to guard for him.
  • Says when you look at all the points he generates in different ways, that it’s a lot of points.
  • Brings up John Walls situation and notes that it doesn't matter how much money or famous you are, people go through every day struggles.
  • Calls Shaq and Chucks kind of ignorant for their comments on him when they don’t know what’s going on and made no attempt to reach out and find out. "When it comes to personal stuff, there's a level of respect they should have"
  • Jay Williams reached out to Ben to understand Bens situation better and Ben says that he respects him for it. It meant more to him than anything else going on

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

On the Nets

• Broke down and had an emotional moment to himself when the trade to Brooklyn was announced. He didn't care about "who was getting traded for who"
  • When asked if he’s going to shoot 3’s for the Nets this season, he says he needs to.
  • He is excited and enthusiastic to start the season and play with KD, Kai, Joe, Royce and everybody else on the squad. Says if they can get it all together then they are going to be champions. "The team is unbelievable".
  • He believes that this Nets team is like “Philly on steroids” (Referring to the 18/19 Sixers with JJ)
  • Says the Nets are a great fit for what he does and what he brings to the game. “The type of players that we have, we are going to be able to run the floor easily. You know we got Claxton, who moves incredibly well. Kev, Patty, Kai, Joe, Royce —“
  • Praises the Nets organization, coaching staff and trainers. Their foundation is great. Says its consistent and a very calm place to be. It’s all smiles and everybody is eager to work. "Its a good environment"
  • Shoots down the rumor that he left a Nets group chat. Says he even messaged Patty to make sure he didn’t leave a group chat unknowingly.
  • He hurt his back while going up stairs. The entire right side of his body dropped and pain shot right down his leg. He had to lie down on the floor and he couldn’t move. He was vomiting due to the excessive pain. It felt like he was dying and that it was painful to do everything
  • Wanted to prove everybody wrong and try play in the playoffs for the Nets but he couldn’t jump or dunk and his glutes weren’t working. “It was fustrating”.
  • He was able to immediately walk after surgery which was a huge relief and a good sign.
  • Says he has no reservations about this season and that he’ll be great. Adds “I knew what it was going to take to get back to where I need to be, and I’ve been locked in”.
On The Sixers

• Admits the he wasn’t at his best during the Hawks series. He was pushing his personal issues to the side and was refusing to address his mental health.
  • Recalls the infamous playoff pass happening so quickly and that he just made a read and didn’t think much of it at the time. He was immediately focused on the next play once it happened. Says he should’ve just "dunked that shyt" when watching it back and admits it looks terrible. In the moment he didn't even notice it was Trae coming towards him, he just spun and saw a Hawks jersey.
  • Mentioned that he was guarding the best player on the opposing team the entire game.
  • Agrees with JJ that Doc Rivers and Embiid threw him under the bus after Game 7.
  • He was in a dark place after the Hawks series and that "all he wanted was help". Felt like he had no support from the people he expected it from including coaching staff and (some) teammates. "Everybody has their own battles, but that was tough for me"
  • There were great guys on that team that did reach out to him at the time and he’s still friends with them to this day.
  • Claims the story about teammates flying out to LA to see him and him refusing to see them was bullshyt.
  • He returned to practice with the Sixers after the Hawks series because he wanted to do the right thing and wanted to do right by his teammates. Ultimately he wasn't ready mentally.
  • Right before practice he told Doc privately that he wasn’t ready and Doc said he was going to put him in anyway. Believes Doc and the team were fukking with him on purpose and wanted to find reasons to fine him. Says he didn’t have his phone in his pocket despite what many believed, it was actually his jersey. He was getting fined for not lifting weights despite being one of the strongest people on the team.
  • Admits that he didn’t handle things the right way, but neither did the Sixers.
  • “I don’t give a fukk about the money, I want peace and happiness” “My peace is more valuable than money”.
Other

• “I’m keeping tabs on everybody and what’s being said” referring to the excessive hate he’s been receiving.
  • When he plays he wants the opposing team to have to defend every player on his team, not just one guy.
  • Notes that Shooting is one of his weaknesses but is working on getting better. Believes people don’t respect what he already brings to the court (ex: Defense)
  • Notes that he values assists and scoring the same. Is always just trying to find the easiest bucket.
  • When asked about what he’s adding to his game he said “Using size to get where he wants” “To cut out the unnecessary movements”.
  • Uses Giannis & Lebron as examples as some of the hardest players to guard for him.
  • Says when you look at all the points he generates in different ways, that it’s a lot of points.
  • Brings up John Walls situation and notes that it doesn't matter how much money or famous you are, people go through every day struggles.
  • Calls Shaq and Chucks kind of ignorant for their comments on him when they don’t know what’s going on and made no attempt to reach out and find out. "When it comes to personal stuff, there's a level of respect they should have"
  • Jay Williams reached out to Ben to understand Bens situation better and Ben says that he respects him for it. It meant more to him than anything else going on

rep man…truly appreciate the breakdown!

BujuBoombastic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

On the Nets

On The Sixers

Other

Now haters can STFU
Bruh answered all the questions
I like JJ more than the Skips & Smiths
At least he can hold a respectable relationship

Also :mjlit:

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
this is positive…kyrie and simmons are still mysteries tho…I’m not believing shyt they say…they gonna have to prove they can be committed to hitting the court hard every night..with durant back I have no doubt about what he’s gonna do when he hits the court

Anything less from the two of them will be dissapointing(Kyrie, simmons) They have the most to prove.