Gotta Have Some F*cking Pride and Optimism. Brooklyn Nets 22-23 Season Thread

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I don’t look at it as the league being petty…with kyrie gone there’s still a belief among other teams that KD wants out especially since he requested a trade at the start of the season…if teams (especially those who would like to trade for him) think he’s leaving why would they be interested in trading players to the nets who might help convince KD to be content with staying? seems more like teams are still holding out hope he’ll request a trade again either before the deadline or during the off-season

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
KD’s got 3 years left on his deal, so the Nets don’t have to trade him to anybody. And if they were so inclined, why would they trade him to any of these teams that supposedly didn’t want to help them keep him?

Sounds like pre-spin for an underwhelming deadline and management trying to shift blame

ShoGun Of Harlem

All Star
Daps
Got concerns there too, because ideally the starting lineup would be
Spencer
Royce
KD
DFS
Clax

Unless you’re bringing Royce off the bench. And you run into the spacing issues without having another incredible shot maker besides KD like you had in Kyrie.

He also can’t be the backup 5 like he’s been playing a lot because those lineups are food.

Idk how they didn’t flip that dude to another team when they traded harden
I'd 100% put Simmons over Royce. I think DFS and Royce are redundant but we'll see what JV brews up