Love
They had me nervous for a sec thinking they were gonna pull off the win

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I'd rather keep Drake and trade Parker since there is speculations surrounding trades for both

Samson

Wholesome Black Man
Daps
Reppin
Haitian Gang
This is the type of game I like, an exciting game that we lose because of a talent deficiency. No more embarrassing losses.

Tua's one red flag is these nagging injuries.

Gesicki is finally showing promise.

I wonder if X is injured. These past 2 games were winnable, but the other team had that one receiver that consistently beat our coverage, receivers that X would have shut down. So, either this is a commitment to the tank or Howard has a real knee injury. If so, that injury came out of nowhere.

Mark Walton has talent and vision, if he was faster a couple runs would be touchdowns.

What is up with Wilkins? He better get his mind right.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
This is the type of game I like, an exciting game that we lose because of a talent deficiency. No more embarrassing losses.

Tua's one red flag is these nagging injuries.

Gesicki is finally showing promise.

I wonder if X is injured. These past 2 games were winnable, but the other team had that one receiver that consistently beat our coverage, receivers that X would have shut down. So, either this is a commitment to the tank or Howard has a real knee injury. If so, that injury came out of nowhere.

Mark Walton has talent and vision, if he was faster a couple runs would be touchdowns.

What is up with Wilkins? He better get his mind right.

Are we saying Wilkins sucks and is a bust? Haven't watched him enough to have an opinion
If Walton is looking good then that means we found 2 unknown players that we probably wouldn't have noticed if we weren't tanking in Walton and Preston Williams.

Williams is undrafted because of off-field issues, right? Where did we get Walton from?

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Tua is injury prone.

Tua might not be the one I dunno

I don't watch college sports so I don't have an opinion. But enough people I know and trust their football opinions have huge man-crushes on Tua. Hell, even Omar Kelly who's over critical of everyone seems to have his panties all dripping wet over Tua.

I'd still like to take a poll among you guys on the board to see how you feel about him vs the other QB prospects in the draft.

Samson

Wholesome Black Man
Daps
Reppin
Haitian Gang
Are we saying Wilkins sucks and is a bust? Haven't watched him enough to have an opinion
If Walton is looking good then that means we found 2 unknown players that we probably wouldn't have noticed if we weren't tanking in Walton and Preston Williams.

Williams is undrafted because of off-field issues, right? Where did we get Walton from?

Wilkins does not suck but he was ejected over some foolishness. But, he will be compared to Simmons. We could have had him but chose Wilkins instead. Simmons is recovering from his ACL, today was his first game back and he looks good.

Walton came from the Bengals, he was arrested 3 times which led him to be cut.

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't watch college sports so I don't have an opinion. But enough people I know and trust their football opinions have huge man-crushes on Tua. Hell, even Omar Kelly who's over critical of everyone seems to have his panties all dripping wet over Tua.

I'd still like to take a poll among you guys on the board to see how you feel about him vs the other QB prospects in the draft.
I mean Deshaun Watson tore his ACL in college and and tore his other ACL in the pros during practice and the Texans would still take him over everyone in that draft besides Mahomes. It's football, everyone gets hurt if you play long enough.

I'm not a scout but what I would look for in a QB is NFL level athleticism to scramble well enough and shown ability to make every single type of throw(don't care too much about mechanics). Defensive coordinators and defensive players are too good in the NFL to expect young QB's to come in and try to be Brees or Brady. These reasons are why I like Tua over Burrow.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
The plan the Miami Dolphins are following goes like this: Divest the roster of significant talent in 2019 by cutting, trading or not re-signing players, and set the team up for a large degree of failure. Call that plan tanking or a strategic retreat or a demolition. Call it a fuzzy doodlesack for all I care, as long as you recognize that’s the plan.

The plan concedes there will be significant pain and embarrassment in ‘19 because, again, the team’s roster has been decimated. And so far, so good because the Dolphins go before a national television Monday Night Football audience in the Steel City with a wobbly 0-6 record.

The payoff for all this unhappy, unsightly, smelly losing comes in 2020 when the Dolphins enjoy the NFL’s greatest salary cap space, multiple first- and second-round draft picks, and the opportunity to make those selections very high in the draft order, perhaps even at No. 1 overall.

And all of this is done ostensibly because the Miami Dolphins haven’t had an elite franchise quarterback since Dan Marino retired after the 1999 season and this pain is the trade-off for correcting that issue.

Except that last part is collapsing now.

Because the elite franchise quarterback everyone believed would be Miami’s target at No. 1 overall next spring is clearly not going to be the most talented player in the 2020 draft. He might not even be the most talented quarterback in the draft.

Tua Tagovailoa, the Alabama touchdown pass machine, is not considered the top talent for the 2020 draft and it’s not even close. The most talented and most likely franchise defining player is Ohio State edge rusher Chase Young.

Not Tua.

Not LSU quarterback Joe Burrow.

Not Oregon quarterback Justin Herbert.

Chase Young.

The 6-5 and 265-pound junior has 13 1/2 sacks and five forced fumbles this year and should be a Heisman Trophy candidate. And because he’s long and strong, fast and quick, and has every elite pass-rusher trait at heights no other player matches at his respective position, Young should be the No. 1 overall selection in the 2020 draft.

And that’s not just Fake GM Mando who believes this. I had two NFL personnel people tell me this weekend Young is the best player in the country. One of them called Young a better prospect than either Bosa brother who preceded Young at Ohio State. This personnel man went so far as to say Young will be better than either Nick Bosa or Joey Bosa, which is bold considering both are emerging NFL stars.

So, you’re probably thinking, the solution for the Dolphins should they get the No. 1 overall selection would be to pass on Chase Young and pick their favorite quarterback anyway.

And that’s where the dilemma comes into play.

Because that would mean the Dolphins will be going against practically every draft board in the NFL, which will likely have Young as the premier talent and prospect. And that would mean the Dolphins will be overdrafting a quarterback.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Blah blah blah.

Truth is if we dont pick a QB in the coming draft most analysts, GMs, and fans will question what was the point of tanking. We've saud this over and over that we have avoided time and time again to pick QBs high and THAT is the reason why the position is so unstable THUS our failures. So i say this time give the people what they want and try it for a change since we tried everything else.
  • We had the beast RB in his prime (Ricky Williams) and beast O-Line with average QB (Jay Fieldler) and very good receiving corp (Gadsden, Chambers, Randy McMichael) and near beast Defense (Z-THomas, J.Taylor, P.Surtain) and all it got us was 1 playoff win and that was before the beast RB arrived.
  • We had the beast RB duo (Ricky, Brown), good defense, Good enough OL, good enough WRs and that got us nowhere either.
  • We had the beast DL in his prime (Suh) with aging edge still atop his game (Wake) and average QB with a good receiving corp and again, one and done.
fukkIN'.TRY. SOMETHING. ELSE. Period.