Google is shutting down Stadia on January 18th, 2023

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
You see....:francis:....

This is that shyt that makes me hate Google. Like its bad enough that devs and Google hit the :whoa:, when the rumors were clear as day. And now they want to pull this shyt out of their asses at the last minute. Straight up no chaser. Its a shame because the technology was there. I used Stadia for a spell and it works, especially if you have a potato laptop. Its a good way of getting top tier games with the freedom of the cloud. Yet, Google does not know how to market anything other than people's personal information.

At least folks are getting refunds from this shyt :ehh:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
330px-Sundar_pichai.png
"I should start off with a little confession, tho I'm not a big gamer..."

should have seen the redflag from then.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I thought it would be a good thing for google to jump into the industry but they went about it the wrong way

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I fukked with it for a minute, but, they were so SLLLLLOOWWW to update and innovate.

I beat Resident Evil 7 and Cyberpunk 2077 on it (on my phone, tv, laptop) and it's a good idea.

But, they didn't make the right decision. shyt, Xbox Cloud isn't as good.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I just realized; this must have not been making shyt off this if they returning all hardware and game buys

My controller was free with Cyberpunk

Most people have data caps in the US. This was never a viable system. Anybody that tries this is DOA unless there are new laws on the books that ban data caps or bandwidth slowing (which there should be...).

The data was never that crazy, TBH

I had gaming sessions like I would on console

There just stability issues

It worked perfect on my Android, ran like shyt on the browser on one of my Laptops...okay on the Google Chromecast

The tech was fine, the service and the Stadia site was lackluster