Google is doing TOO much. They really are spying brehs

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
So yest evening, i was at the barbershop. I got there a little late as they were closing and they were having a small New Years celebration with a fish fry and a dj in the back room.

The dj was playing a bunch of old school music. Primarily Maze & Frankie Beverly, Roger and Zapp etc

Mind you, this music was loud and blaring like a club, so my phone could easily pick it up if it was listening.

Fast forward to TODAY, this afternoon. I get a notification on my phone for a Google Rewards survey. I click on the survey and On God, the survey asked 3 questions. The first was about a place I'd been. The 2nd question asked if I recently listened to a particular Frankie Beverly and Maze song(can't rem the song name, but it wasn't the song the dj was playing) .

And the third question asked me, how likely was I to watch/listen to this YouTube video.

I swear. The Google survey has NEVER asked me about music before. And i have NOT searched for any Maze & Frankie Beverly songs.

Anybody else ever had this happen, or something similar?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo no bullshyt. Same thing been happening to me lately. Yesterday went to hair store for my girl and daughter to get some shyt. I get home and I got hair care shyt shampoo and all kind of shyt when I open the browser. It's like advertisments but shyt have me tripping

And you sure you didn’t google any hair care products?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So yest evening, i was at the barbershop. I got there a little late as they were closing and they were having a small New Years celebration with a fish fry and a dj in the back room.

The dj was playing a bunch of old school music. Primarily Maze & Frankie Beverly, Roger and Zapp etc

Mind you, this music was loud and blaring like a club, so my phone could easily pick it up if it was listening.

Fast forward to TODAY, this afternoon. I get a notification on my phone for a Google Rewards survey. I click on the survey and On God, the survey asked 3 questions. The first was about a place I'd been. The 2nd question asked if I recently listened to a particular Frankie Beverly and Maze song(can't rem the song name, but it wasn't the song the dj was playing) .

And the third question asked me, how likely was I to watch/listen to this YouTube video.

I swear. The Google survey has NEVER asked me about music before. And i have NOT searched for any Maze & Frankie Beverly songs.

Anybody else ever had this happen, or something similar?

You sure you didn’t let a random app have complete access to the camera/speaker/mic?

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
Yo no bullshyt. Same thing been happening to me lately. Yesterday went to hair store for my girl and daughter to get some shyt. I get home and I got hair care shyt shampoo and all kind of shyt when I open the browser. It's like advertisments but shyt have me tripping
they just tracked your location to a hair business :heh:
usually they just doing it for advertisment they dont care about the shea moisture your girl wants

jadillac

Veteran
Daps

Swear this happened to me 2 weeks ago.

I bought a car battery charger from Walmart bc my battery went dead while i was in the store.

A couple days later I'm on the Coli and an Amazon ad link for the same product(different brand) is atbthe top of the page.