Google fires 28 employees protesting cloud deal with Israel

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It'd be really hard to prove criminality over incompetence in software and it's really easy to make small breaking tweaks to a system that could look like total accidents.

No you can't. Version control and logs are decades old for tracking changes and user input. They'd be caught within minutes. That's if they even work on the team responsible for what y'all are accusing Google of.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
No you can't. Version control and logs are decades old for tracking changes and user input. They'd be caught within minutes. That's if they even work on the team responsible for what y'all are accusing Google of.
Yeah I'm sure you'll be able to convince a judge that a PR that was signed off on by multiple developers, that passed QA and Pre Prod Environment testing and had a RCA write up that was peer reviewed and signed off on with corrective steps was maliciously vs incompetently done.

Version control and decades old logs and your reach in decrypting their message will somehow prove intent. You're gonna be able prove this was a criminal and not a person going through mental health issues with lapses in competency. A good lawyer can probably get you paid off a counter suit with claims that you'll never be able to work in tech again based on the accusations being made against them, it's too hard to prove this stuff bro. Cut it out. Go read some Infosys code and tell me you can prove that this individual just wasn't incompetent.:mjlol:

Last edited:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Damn mf's went to protest at lunch .. came back , thought shyt was sweet ..

Then had to clean out their cubicles by 5pm .. cold world .

Plus all those ppl that protested on the GG bridge are about to catch felonies .

rawImage.jpg

SF D.A. is trying to make sure all the i's are dotted before prosecuting .. She's the one who let off the security guard who shot that treh at a Walgreens.

LI-79-SF-DA-Brooke-Jenkins.png

This real world aint high school .. . They're talking about conspiracy charges. My ancestors got beat and bit for protesting.

I wont say it wasn't any Jews protesting on our behalf though back then .
She dropped the charges against the cop who murdered Keita O'Neil claiming they were only filed for political reasons. She also dismantled the independent police oversight committee that investigated police violence and misconduct.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Not mad at them. Surely they knew there may be possible firing but they stood on principle.

They have Google on their resume. They will be alright.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Well also it may go through peer review and will be caught there. Unless they were able to get accomplices to be their reviewers.

Folks aren't pushing code into production all willy nilly at somewhere like Google. Maybe at smaller companies.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
If it’s so easy then you do it.
I'll accept the premise that these folks were naive enough to think they were gonna keep their jobs while publicly protesting their own company's business practices. As it being easy to do relies on the understanding that you know you're going to lose your job for your protest, anyway.

I definitely know better than to assume people working for Google are smart enough to know this would be the likely outcome of their actions. :yeshrug:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
She dropped the charges against the cop who murdered Keita O'Neil claiming they were only filed for political reasons. She also dismantled the independent police oversight committee that investigated police violence and misconduct.

What party was she apart of?