Google Cutting 12,000 Jobs

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
There are 3 threads about 343 and halo on the 1st page alone.
No one has even posted about it the actual halo thread.
The people that actually play halo the most have the fewest comments if any in all those threads.

Google shut down stadia, there is not 1 thread on it, not one person have even brought up stadia in this thread yet.
Page 1 and 2 is all jokes. No theories as to why or how people are impacted or stadia.

But just like in the MS yall got it, carry on :hubie:

One of the threads was started by a Halo fan, unless you think he’s console warring also? I mean are you playing Halo?

Also there was multiple threads on google shutting down Stadia what are you talking about?

You were starting them, its clear yall xbox stans have no problem holding googles feet to the fire but won’t dare criticize microsoft, why is that?

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The people that actually play halo the most have the fewest comments if any in all those threads.

Google shut down stadia, there is not 1 thread on it, not one person have even brought up stadia in this thread yet.
Page 1 and 2 is all jokes. No theories as to why or how people are impacted or stadia.

Quit being dense.

Quit trying to pivot to other companies.

Microsoft game studio 343 industries laid off a bunch of folks. Bunch of those folks said the studio was mismanaged.

Microsoft wants to buy Activision/Blizzard which would affect many of us gamers.

We've seen Microsoft purchase companies then run them into the ground (Rare).

Thats it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Quit being dense.

Quit trying to pivot to other companies.

Microsoft game studio 343 industries laid off a bunch of folks. Bunch of those folks said the studio was mismanaged.

Microsoft wants to buy Activision/Blizzard which would affect many of us gamers.

We've seen Microsoft purchase companies then run them into the ground (Rare).

Thats it.

Not to mention xbox goofs started out in the other thread trying to say “its not that big of a deal, its administration, recruitment, hr” basically straight to damage controlling.

Its not until we found out people from zenimax, 343, ensemble, coalition, were effected that they started to pivot to “have empathy! Where’s your humanity, stand with workers :damn:

Then the devs started saying themselves microsoft is fukking up, now we are at the next pivot. Let’s stop pretending the people here jumping on the grenade for microsoft/phil spencer give a shyt about anyone affected they would defend microsoft no matter what.

Pressure, meach, titan, daze, same ones that always defend everything microsoft does

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I was discussing it in the Halo Infinite thread yesterday tho
with the recent layoffs and career changes, I wouldn't be surprised if this game doesnt get a season 4.

Joe Staten was writing the story DLC, now hes gone. prolly won't get that either.:francis:

dunno if Microsoft gonna continue pumping money into this game. if not, I predict a mass exodus back to Master Chief Collection.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I been saying it, I don't know why people don't see it - they're telling you A.I is a game changer.

Yet we don't have any laws, policies or structures anywhere in place regarding automation and what it'll mean for the average employee.

A.I is used in production now and has replaced employees implicitly and directly. That's not something in the future, it's already happening.

It doesn't necessarily mean A.I will replace all workers, it means 5 workers can use A.I to do the work of 30 people. This is multiple industries.

Country has officially fallen behind the tech.
Nah breh, MS firing people cause they BOUGHT ACTIVISIONS!!!!!
:damn:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nah breh, MS firing people cause they BOUGHT ACTIVISIONS!!!!!
:damn:

No one said this though

At most we’ve argued that its incredibly bad optics to fire the same amount of people at a publisher you’re going to acquire for 70 billion dollars especially when they have trouble running their current line up of studios

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
No one said this though

At most we’ve argued that its incredibly bad optics to fire the same amount of people at a publisher you’re going to acquire for 70 billion dollars especially when they have trouble running their current line up of studios
This might make sense….if the acquisition had gone through.

But you’ve assured us it won’t. :mjlol:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Oh? Lie more…
Nah you just be saying anything to Stan. Contradicting yourself be damned. :mjlol:

From IB:

The key issues are quite big, going to be interesting how MS proposes its remedies ("" = quotes, everything else is my comments):

• "giving rise to a realistic prospect of a substantial lessening of competition (SLC) in gaming consoles, multi-game subscription services, and cloud gaming services."
  • "The console gaming market is highly concentrated"
    • The data shows this clearly. The top 5 publishers take in 60%+ of the revenue/profits. Sony, Nintendo, Xbox likely take in 70% of all profit in console gaming. Platform holders have huge leading positions.

• "This evidence consistently pointed towards ABK’s content, especially Call of Duty, as being important and capable of making a material difference to the success of rivals’ gaming platforms. ABK invests significant time and capital in creating regular Call of Duty releases, which consistently rank as some of the most popular games. These titles require thousands of game developers and several years to complete, and there are very few other games of similar calibre or popularity."
    • The biggest takeaway here. Sony was right. COD is considered so big it can significantly affect rivals ecosystem. Note they use evidence. They have the data to support this.
    • Reiterating. MS saying okay we'll make COD on PS+ may not be enough. Delaying releases and imposing price licenses, such as we'll place COD on PS+ if Sony pays us billions every year, is input foreclosure

• "The CMA found that the potential strategic benefits to Microsoft of using ABK’s content to foreclose rivals— such as expanding the Game Pass user base and strengthening network effects in its gaming ecosystem—could outweigh any immediate losses in terms of licensing revenues."
    • Another huge point that directly contradicts MS's words. CMA is saying the benefit of ATVI content being in some way exclusive can overcome any losses MS makes by making it exclusive in the short term.

• "CMA considers that Call of Duty is sufficiently important that losing access toit (or losing access on competitive terms) could significantly impact Sony’s revenues and user base. This impact is likely to be felt especially at the launch of the next generation of consoles, where gamers make fresh decisions about which console to buy. The CMA believes that the Merger could, therefore, significantly weaken Microsoft’s closest rival, to the detriment of overall competition in console gaming."
    • COD is a tipping point

• "Absent the Merger, ABK games would in principle be available to any multi-game subscription service. The CMA recognises that ABK’s newest games are not currently available on any subscription service on the day of release but considers that this may change as subscription services continue to grow."
    • As I've said, ABK is a direct competitor to MSFT in many ways and could be one of the biggest suppliers or publishers of game subscriptions. MSFT is buying out one of the biggest competitors/suppliers to restrict competition in that area.

• "By having a large and well-distributed cloud
    infrastructure, Microsoft will be able to host games on its servers on preferential
    terms and reach gamers throughout the world without having to pay a fee to third-
    party cloud platforms. By having Windows, the OS where the vast majority of PC
    games are played, Microsoft can stream games to Windows PCs without having to
    pay an expensive Windows licensing fee and may be able to design and test games
    made for Windows more effectively than rivals. And by having an existing console
    ecosystem, Microsoft has an existing user base of gamers to which it can promote
    its cloud gaming services, as well as a range of popular games that it can offer."
  • "
    This could result in increased
    concentration in cloud gaming services or the market ‘tipping’ to Microsoft, and
    ultimately deny consumers the benefits of competition between new and emerging
    providers vying to succeed in cloud gaming. The CMA recognises that, if Microsoft
    were to significantly increase its market power in cloud gaming services, this could
    have knock-on effects on independent game developers and publishers who
    compete against Microsoft’s own gaming portfolio, and who could be disadvantaged
    in a number of ways, such as by having to pay higher fees or by being demoted on
    Microsoft’s gaming ecosystem."
Imo, the CMA is not only asking for multiplat in sub services but multiplat with no extensive license restrictions. Furthermore, their notice on MS's monopoly in PC OS, PC gaming OS and a leading position in Azure is of concern.

Not sure how MS is going to appease them there, and the question is, is ATVI still worth it for MSFT at $70B, if pretty much their entire strong IP catalogue is forced to remain multiplat in every manner.

Once a transaction has reached Phase 2 its chances of survival are low: 70% of cases have been blocked, unwound or abandoned since January 2019"

turns out phil was lying when he talked about keeping CoD multiplatform. Hopefully CMA handles it accordingly :ehh:

FcEl2WwX0AId8Ub

Whats funny is everyone crying about the CMA and how they were in cahoots with Jim Ryan, meanwhile the FTC is building a bigger case against them lol

All those hopes and dreams from this acquisition dashed away

Deal going to go through. FTC is 0-3 in court cases and their arguments against Microsoft is horrible

Its not about the FTC anymore its about the cma, always has been lol

Sony stans :mjlol:

Imagine making a thousand posts about something you don’t care about

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nah you just be saying anything to Stan. Contradicting yourself be damned. :mjlol:

Imagine making a thousand posts about something you don’t care about

You did all that work and didn’t post ONE instance of me saying it wouldn’t go through or fail, good job detective :russ:

Almost all my comments surrounding the acquisition has been with the assumption that it will pass through with major concessions which does tickle me, i admit.

Last edited: