Google Cutting 12,000 Jobs

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What does Google cutting jobs mean for the avg person? I see if you are in the market but otherwise what does that do for me?
Is the average person safer in the working environment than someone working at Google or any other FAANG company?

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I been saying it, I don't know why people don't see it - they're telling you A.I is a game changer.

Yet we don't have any laws, policies or structures anywhere in place regarding automation and what it'll mean for the average employee.

A.I is used in production now and has replaced employees implicitly and directly. That's not something in the future, it's already happening.

It doesn't necessarily mean A.I will replace all workers, it means 5 workers can use A.I to do the work of 30 people. This is multiple industries.

Country has officially fallen behind the tech.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Your feelings still hurt:russ:

On some Django shyt protecting MS

Throughout that whole thread, yall was talking about optics and how MS just spent billions of dollars and is laying off people.
@MeachTheMonster was going back and forth with all yall saying it's pretty typical of the industry right now and how its not really jokes. Then yall got on yall soapbox "blind loyalty"

Of course multiple other companies are and have been doing the same thing in tech but yall are ray charles to it.
Of course if we mention that we are "protecting MS"

It's why I don't even go back and forth with yall like that anymore, less than 24 hours later the same thing happens and sony stans in here talking about 343 and mismanaging studios when the MS Lay off thread had nothing to do with that. Instead of saying well I guess yall right everyone is going through it... Yall in here still talking about protecting MS or discussing MS.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Throughout that whole thread, yall was talking about optics and how MS just spent billions of dollars and is laying off people.
@MeachTheMonster was going back and forth with all yall saying it's pretty typical of the industry right now and how its not really jokes. Then yall got on yall soapbox "blind loyalty"

Of course multiple other companies are and have been doing the same thing in tech but yall are ray charles to it.

It's why I don't even go back and forth with yall like that anymore, less than 24 hours later the same thing happens and sony stans in here talking about 343 and mismanaging studios when the MS Lay off thread had nothing to do with that. Instead of saying well I guess yall right everyone is going through it... Yall in here still talking about protecting MS or discussing MS.

No one would be discussing microsoft laying anyone off if it wasn’t effecting their games department

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps

What?

343 = Microsoft Studio

343 had a number of layoffs

Your excuse was that "everyone is losing their job tho"

We along with some of the people that got laid off are saying they(Microsoft) mismanaged 343.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
No one would be discussing microsoft laying anyone off if it wasn’t effecting their games department
giphy.gif

Canon

Veteran
Daps

:umad:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What?

343 = Microsoft Studio

343 had a number of layoffs

Your excuse was that "everyone is losing their job tho"

We along with some of the people that got laid off are saying they(Microsoft) mismanaged 343.
There are 3 threads about 343 and halo on the 1st page alone.
No one has even posted about it the actual halo thread.
The people that actually play halo the most have the fewest comments if any in all those threads.

Google shut down stadia, there is not 1 thread on it, not one person have even brought up stadia in this thread yet.
Page 1 and 2 is all jokes. No theories as to why or how people are impacted or stadia.

But just like in the MS yall got it, carry on :hubie: