Good Times is one of the worst shows the black community ever had

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
The show was basically saying black folks should be happy to be poor and not care to improve their social status. Florida Evans character was all about staying in the projects in a terrible environment and every episode they gave more reasons to why living in sub-standard conditions were acceptable. I just saw an episode where their 17-18 year old daughter wanted to marry a dude who was struggling. James was pissed and wanted her to get her education and make a better life for herself but of course it ended with them accepting being in poverty and all siding against James.

swimmingpools

strawberry bubblegum
Daps
Lol I dont think its one of the worst, but I hate how every episode, every time some kind of opportunity to get out of there presented itself, something ALWAYS would go wrong and mess up their chances of doing so. Or like you said Florida acted like she didnt want to leave.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Lol I dont think its one of the worst, but I hate how every episode, every time some kind of opportunity to get out of there presented itself, something ALWAYS would go wrong and mess up their chances of doing so. Or like you said Florida acted like she didnt want to leave.
She loved being poor as fukk and having their kids risking their lives everyday. One episode, Michael or JJ almost get killed by gang members and the next episode Florida is saying how they have it so good living there because they are family.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
It was good show imo... JJ was the crutch of the show. The studio brass made him c00n out too much

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
fukk does that matter when his wife had him by the balls and loved having her kids in gang infested projects.

Good times was a tv show about a family living in the projects
They did not want to be their but life kept them stuck in the projects.
The goal was always trying to get out of the hood. JJ was really the only one that was a c00n
The show had a black man in the house that worked hard and was Not the complete sterotype of a black man