Good Time -A24 Crime Thriller starring Robert Pattinson

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
i had to do my googles see how old ol girl was. i saw it coming but still cringed. whoever asked about her behavior. id say once u dealt w/ enough young girls w/ little supervision growing up and "a past" her actions arent unrealistic. i really enjoyed this but its kinda depressing. youre rooting for pattinson, hoping for some sort of happy ending but i guess that aint real life. excellent performances all around.
:mjcry:

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Can't believe I only heard about the movie this year but just got round to watching and it was pretty damn good.

This is a thriller in every sense of the word. So many twists and turns.

Having watched this, The Devil All The Time and Tenet in the last few months, I gotta say Robert Pattison is starting to become one of those actors who can prompt me into watching a film just cause they're in it.

I'm even more excited to see The Batman now. The trailer tells me we're gonna be getting an emo/depressing Bruce Wayne which does not seem promising personally but looking forward to see what he can do with it.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Also just watched this on Netflix and I really enjoyed the movie :ehh:

Robert Pattinson killed it :wow: came a long way from the twilight days

dude was just a convincing scumbag

and those 80 synths, track was fire :wow:

:russ: I was dying at the story the wrong brother told and when we found out Connie took the wrong dude :mjlol:

one of the best scenes was at the bail place. Scene was so hectic and anxiety causing

8/10

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
How the fukk did the Security guard have a really nice apartment?
He could've been corrupt in some way but he was very strict with the two idiots.

clyma est mort

R.I.P. Eazy-E
Daps
Reppin
Nor Cal
I liked the dude who plays Ray, his character is a little annoying but I think that's on purpose. Plus he prolly has some of the funniest parts in the movie.

Also dude really is like his character, he's actually in Rikers right now. Imagine acting in a critically acclaimed movie acting opposite a famous actor and then throwing it all away lol.
Buddy Duress is a real-life dirtbag and he shined here. He's also in Safdies' Heaven Knows What.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Great movie, been thinking about rewatching soon. Despite having one of the most revolting "protagonists' the film is incredibly compelling and you end up wanting this coward to win (if only to save his much more sympathetic brother). The way various people's lives get fukked up by crossing his path from beginning to end is wild.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Great movie, been thinking about rewatching soon. Despite having one of the most revolting "protagonists' the film is incredibly compelling and you end up wanting this coward to win (if only to save his much more sympathetic brother). The way various people's lives get fukked up by crossing his path from beginning to end is wild.
One of my favorite scenes.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I fukked with this. Felt like a movie about the 80s or 90s. Too many movies feel fake like they're trying to sell you something. You know I mean, a lot of straight to streaming movies seem like they come out a factory.

Pattinson's character was a scumbag. He used people to get what he wanted. He used women like the young girl and Jennifer Jason Leigh yo get what he wanted. He didn't love that old broad and he was taking the old broad's mother money. At first I thought that was his mom. He went too far and used his brother, the one person he cared for. He should have known his brother wouldn't hold it together during the bank robbery.

The acid story was the funniest part of the movie. Whole movie felt like you won't believe what happened last night. All the criminals felt like real scumbags and not fake. I like it when they get portrayed as irredeemable criminals too that you shouldn't root for.