Goku's weird strength progression

HYDRO

Old Member
Daps
Reppin
N.W.I.
I haven't watched that DBZ in years but I thought he smashed the scouter because he had learned how to sense power level without one like the rest of the DBZ fighters already could

The higher the power levels the stonger the attacks and by magnitudes

With the androids they could absorb energy sure but only a certain amount at a time. Plus Dr Gero vastly underrated Super saiyans

I could be wrong though because again I haven't watched DBZ in a long ass time
Yeah he realized they could hide their powers, which is probably what let him know that power levels are bullshyt. Remember when he showed up to Namek he told Freeza and his goons that the radars are pointless. Yeah higher the "power levels" the bigger the attack, but its all relative. Like Gohan who had way power inside of him but could only let it out when he was mad. Thats why Gohan wasn't bodying nikkas as a kid cuz he didnt know how to fight.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
I'm just saying it seems like either a plothole or perhaps Goku just got lazy over those 3 years and was being held back because his training partners were Gohan and Piccolo.

Nah Goku was just being a fukkboy. It's pretty clear he could've progressed if he really wanted to, and he actually did a little bit(Goku and Gohan fully mastered the SSJ form while Trunks and Vegeta merely tried abusing that ascended ssj mode), but he essentially threw training/progression in the bushes because Gohan was potentially stronger than him. Gohan wasn't holding Goku back, Goku is just an idiot.

There's mad plotholes in DBZ but shyt was really setting up Gohan to carry the rest of the series until nikkas started :sadbron: and demanded Goku come back. In which Gohan gets thrown to the bushes.

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
Goku sat at the feet of masters and actually LEARNED from every defeat. Check out how torn dude was when it came to finally bringing the hammer down on Freiza shyt carried on on because dude faced bad before but never PURE fukking evil like Freiza. He straight up had the:why:face during the fight. But because he humbled himself and sat at the feet of a perv, a goddam cat and an alien , My man did what needed to be done to that Beautiful Tyrant( can't hate on Freiza dude had sonnings for days) but did so with a heavy heart. I dont think dude saw a limit he could'nt slap since then.Now go from that to Majin Buu My man gave no fukks when obliterating Buu's ass with the:umad::camby::smugbiden::demonic: look on his face.

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
I haven't watched that DBZ in years but I thought he smashed the scouter because he had learned how to sense power level without one like the rest of the DBZ fighters already could

The higher the power levels the stonger the attacks and by magnitudes

With the androids they could absorb energy sure but only a certain amount at a time. Plus Dr Gero vastly underrated Super saiyans

I could be wrong though because again I haven't watched DBZ in a long ass time
Gero didn't kno about Super saiyans. Either Vegeta or Piccolo said that 19 absorbed a lot of his energy. If Vegeta didn't bluff Gero so well, Gero would've killed him.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
:childplease: prince vegeta pushed them dudes wig back
Vegeta bodied 19 with the quickness... but got most of his energy drained in the process. Lucky for Vegeta he somehow maintained his super saiyan aura and blond hair allowing him to shook Dr. Gero making him run away. Had Gero would have said "fukk It!" and charge at Vegeta then Gero would have had the upper hand... but I'm pretty sure Piccolo would have stepped in before the killing blow.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gero didn't kno about Super saiyans. Either Vegeta or Piccolo said that 19 absorbed a lot of his energy. If Vegeta didn't bluff Gero so well, Gero would've killed him.
piccolo would've stepped in and killed gero before that happened.