going to a job fair worth it?

flusterose

dat dere chocolate
Daps
Reppin
Black Gay Capital
i say go to scope things out. it doesnt hurt to try. i once went to a job fair and turned around when i saw all the cars in the parking lot.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
A couple of months ago I was unemployed and was able to take these exams for free. Like an idiot, I didn't take full advantage.. ended up only taking two for free, school safety and traffic. Traffic being my first time taking one these exams, I probably scored too low to expect a call back. Got like an 87. :patrice:
Got a 95 on the school safety though.

State exams? put me on breh
http://www.cs.ny.gov/jobseeker/public/stateexam.cfm

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
i say go to scope things out. it doesnt hurt to try. i once went to a job fair and turned around when i saw all the cars in the parking lot.
Yea i'm 50/50 right now and its kind of rubbing me the wrong way that this shyt was posted on instagram

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
go to a job fair...so they can tell you to apply online :what:

And whoever is at the job fair...is not important enough to get you a job at that company...only people companies send out to the job fair are like secretaries and HR assistants just so they can look busy...:comeon:

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
its really for companies to advertise....they basically just give u a sheet of paper and tell u to go online....

This is true. I made the mistake of going to one job fair...never again. There were plenty of apply onlines and we're not even hiring right now bull shyt that was abundant there. :stopitslime:

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
the NY transit system would seem like a lot of people would show up....at the same time fukk what everybody in here talking about go because you never know

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
university fairs are where you're most likely to get an actual interview from. when I moved to LA a year after college with no job, I crashed the area college fairs (CSULB, USC[biggest career fair I've seen and it was only for engineering majors] ,UC Irvine) and received a ton of interviews (one company flew me to ATL just for the interview). I stood out, besides for being a black engineer, because I wasn't enrolled in the college. I ended up getting hired from going to the CSULB career fair. It's a six fig govt job that I've had now for 5 years.