going to a job fair worth it?

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
A university job fair > job fair open to the public because they going for the new grad demographic vs having anybody walk in just to apply.

:yes: I should've specified, college career fairs are what we do. That's the way to go. :yes:

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
I would go and make the most of it.

If they are not hiring, get as much info as you can so you can put it on your resume. get some business cards and email them directly with your resume.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they will just tell you to apply online

However

The majority of the people that go to job fairs don't dress like they want a job. If you go to a job fair, dress nice, and present yourself well it is very possible someone there will take your resume and personally makes sure that the right person gets it.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
my mama actually got several interviews off the ones she went to

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I was gonna tell you no, but It never hurts to get your resume out. I'd go just for the networking alone. You never know who knows who.

-DMP-

Rich Spirit

#LeveledUp
Daps
Reppin
houston.
they will just tell you to apply online

However

The majority of the people that go to job fairs don't dress like they want a job. If you go to a job fair, dress nice, and present yourself well it is very possible someone there will take your resume and personally makes sure that the right person gets it.
and those resumes get thrown to the bushes. You ever notice how some of these companies don't send their recruiters to job fairs? I would feel more comfortable handing my resume to a recruiter than someone who's just an employee there(non-management)

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
In my experience, yes they are. I have never in my life get a job off of a job fair. Plus, I'm sure they'll be crowded like a mothafukka. It's like throwing your resume in a black hole.
lol thanks man.... and I heard this shyt all over instagram

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Save yourself the time, breh. The MTA bus operator exam is out from Aug 7-27th. Get 61 bucks and apply for the exam online.
Yea im on the mta site now man....Thanks for the advice everybody...I'm really up in the air if I should take off work and go to this shyt

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
I'm my area it's a waste of time. I've been told from many people that the companies are not even hiring anymore but they still show up...I don't know if this is true or not but I haven't had luck with them anyways

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Yea im on the mta site now man....Thanks for the advice everybody...I'm really up in the air if I should take off work and go to this shyt

Yep, i'm try to take that shyt in like 2 weeks. I'm juggling so many NYC exams breh :mindblown:

Bout to take special officer exam, and I still need to find time to take another exam later this month. These shyts be too easy to pass up.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Yep, i'm try to take that shyt in like 2 weeks. I'm juggling so many NYC exams breh :mindblown:

Bout to take special officer exam, and I still need to find time to take another exam later this month. These shyts be too easy to pass up.
Going fukk with the school Safety joint....My wifey mom's work for NYPD

I should've been fukked with it before when u didn't have to take a civil service exam

look into state exams also...there cheaper

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and those resumes get thrown to the bushes. You ever notice how some of these companies don't send their recruiters to job fairs? I would feel more comfortable handing my resume to a recruiter than someone who's just an employee there(non-management)

You should not have any expectations going to a public job fair. You still never know what can happen. I went to one a few years back. All the people said apply online. Came across that ONE person who asked for my resume & I actually received a call. Therefore, it is possible some good can come from it.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Going fukk with the school Safety joint....My wifey mom's work for NYPD

I should've been fukked with it before when u didn't have to take a civil service exam

look into state exams also...there cheaper

A couple of months ago I was unemployed and was able to take these exams for free. Like an idiot, I didn't take full advantage.. ended up only taking two for free, school safety and traffic. Traffic being my first time taking one these exams, I probably scored too low to expect a call back. Got like an 87. :patrice:
Got a 95 on the school safety though.

State exams? put me on breh

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
A couple of months ago I was unemployed and was able to take these exams for free. Like an idiot, I didn't take full advantage.. ended up only taking two for free, school safety and traffic. Traffic being my first time taking one these exams, I probably scored too low to expect a call back. Got like an 87. :patrice:
Got a 95 on the school safety though.

State exams? put me on breh
http://www.omh.ny.gov/omhweb/employment/

main site for state jobs exams etc

yo whats on the school safety exam? I heard its wild easy

edit: just realized I gave you the site for mental health state jobs