going to a job fair worth it?

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
theyre a waste of time but go and network....u never know what will happen....

i remember 1 bish did me dirty....she gave me her card and said call back and "ask for me"...and I'll hook u up with something....

i called the bytch like 4 times and she never got back....i thought to myself :why: why even give me the card in the first place . that was back when i needed a job bad....shyt i was willing to be a crash test dummy during that time lol

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
waste of time.....
for idiots.....
for employees to get out of the office.....
they'll accpet apps online.....
cheap advertisement for the companies too. :ld:

I see it as a COMPLETE waste of time. Gone be WHOLE lotta weave in there too, if u catch my drift. :mjpls: Better work on them CERTS, brehs. :ehh:

PUT IN WORK

The East
Daps
Reppin
The East
:beli:I went to 3 job fairs after i graduated college and at the end of the day I got a bunch business cards and a bunch of companies telling me to apply online and I got no job from any of them. It's really up to you, but you're better off just looking at the employers participating beforehand and just apply online. If you really have nothing to lose just go and network, your might have some luck.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
theyre a waste of time but go and network....u never know what will happen....

i remember 1 bish did me dirty....she gave me her card and said call back and "ask for me"...and I'll hook u up with something....

i called the bytch like 4 times and she never got back....i thought to myself :why: why even give me the card in the first place . that was back when i needed a job bad....shyt i was willing to be a crash test dummy during that time lol
:dead:

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
If you are looking for a job, No its not a waste of time....

I can't speak for all companies, but I know mines take that shi seriously.

They have sent me to two of those and they actually invest a lil money into those not to mention employee's time (money).

Both times we were looking for 5 employees, so they wanted me to basically select 15-20 to come in for an interview...

I mean, of course you are probaly gonna be there with at least 100 other people applying so you gotta consider the odds, but I just know when we have Job Fair we are there looking for people to hire...

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
If you are looking for a job, No its not a waste of time....

I can't speak for all companies, but I know mines take that shi seriously.

They have sent me to two of those and they actually invest a lil money into those not to mention employee's time (money).

Both times we were looking for 5 employees, so they wanted me to basically select 15-20 to come in for an interview...

I mean, of course you are probaly gonna be there with at least 100 other people applying so you gotta consider the odds, but I just know when we have Job Fair we are there looking for people to hire...
How many people did they hire from that job fair?

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
we recruit through fairs all the time. ive done about 30 or so over the last year. our group is a little bit different than most, but i definitely use job fairs to evaluate the type of people we're bringing in. best thing you can do is leave a lasting impression. scout who will be there before you go, know their company, show personality. some of the best candidates that i would put my name on ive met through fairs. got a few in new hire training right now that i look forward to seeing how they turn out.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
In my experience, yes they are. I have never in my life get a job off of a job fair. Plus, I'm sure they'll be crowded like a mothafukka. It's like throwing your resume in a black hole.

I have NEVER gotten a job thru a job fair either. Too many applicants. A waste of time and money of having to drive to the fair. I have more luck getting interviews applying for jobs sitting on my couch.

Waka FICO Flamez

Bricksquad Monopoly
Daps
They are pretty much a waste of time. Like somebody else said just look up the companies that are their and apply. They all just gonna tell you about positions they have available and give you a goody bag but tell you just to apply online ( you could have saved ya self time and did this at home). Only time it helps is if they conducting interviews on the spot or setting up appointments on site. Then it helps to be there but that never happens it only happen to me at a job fair at my school. A university job fair > job fair open to the public because they going for the new grad demographic vs having anybody walk in just to apply.