Going on my first date in 5 years and my 2nd in my entire life tomorrow. Any advice?

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
I matched with this cute 23 year old brunette white girl on Hinge a month ago and I, for some reason, managed to get the balls to ask her out to get some coffee and to check out this record store near the park a couple of weeks ago. She was busy with a trip to the East Coast and home remodeling, so we kept rescheduling until we settled for Thursday.

Ngl, I'm nervous since I went on only one other date in my life back in 2019. I thought that one went well since I took her to the museum and a couple restaurants and even bought her some jewelry but she completely ghosted me after the date and I never saw her again. I have no real experience with women other than sex workers and I'm just scared that I'll talk myself out of a good time. I'm 26, I should have relationship experience and not be a near-incel.

Any advice y'all could give me?

Last edited:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Sounds like you’re trolling. I say treat it like a business meeting. Or fucck her in the ass. Only if she says it’s clean though.
:bryan: I'm not but being friendly in a business way is a nice idea

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
it's fine breh. you asked her out, it's your thing. if she not fukking with it oh well. if that's where you genuinely wanted to take her then shouldn't be no worries. Just don't overdo it and end up doing things you wouldn't normally do. Be sure to put your hand on the small of her back when yall walk in the vinyl coli brehs told me thats a date hack.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Don't be honest about your lack of dates. Act as if...no matter how awkward and inexperienced you feel, she won't know unless you tell her. Just be cool, and gradually show interest and escalate your interest. Let everything else come naturally.

Also, don't buy shyt, not even flowers unless that's your girl.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
it's fine breh. you asked her out, it's your thing. if she not fukking with it oh well. if that's where you genuinely wanted to take her then shouldn't be no worries. Just don't overdo it and end up doing things you wouldn't normally do. Be sure to put your hand on the small of her back when yall walk in the vinyl coli brehs told me thats a date hack.
A friend of mine told me to hold her hand but I feel like physical touch other than a hug is too much on the first date

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
A friend of mine told me to hold her hand but I feel like physical touch other than a hug is too much on the first date
you gotta put the feelers out or risk being seen as a friend. holding hands might be too much for a small setting like that. but i would at least try to rub on one of her shoulders for warmth

at the end of the day, whatever happens here you're just getting your sea legs in. keep going on dates

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
If you've got an anxiety problem pop phenibut or get THC in the interim. All I can say is don't be in your head or buy this girl a record!! I'd hit her with "its nice to meet ya waldo" joke based on past schedules as an ice breaker. Its corny but she's a cacette. You want her talking most of the time. She was ona trip so that's a good place to start and build up.

PatCake

Alkali Nonmetals
Daps
Reppin
I, for one, welcome our new space overlords.
I would add that learning to hold eye contact without being intimidating and learning to read their eyes and facial expressions to better gauge how they're feeling in the moment.

If you run out of things to talk about just remember "FORD"

F - Family O - Occupation R - Recreation D - Dreams