Going digital :blessed:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Most stuff can/will be saved in the cloud.

Apps and updates are usually very small. Everything else won't be stored on the hardrive.

Even if we set 100gb aside for "other" stuff(which is a huge amount)

There still won't be enough games to use up 400gb for a long time
movies and other stuff don't count? Or is that in the cloud as well? 500GB is not enough IMO, I am a little mad that neither went a full 1TB in these machines.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
not all games on Steam support pre-downloading. I imagine some companies think it causes/helps piracy

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'll probably buy digital versions of games that I have no intention of selling. I couldn't imagine holding onto something like BF4 once BF 5 drops. I usually don't care when it comes to PC gaming since the games are usually dirt cheap.

I like to recoup on games I've played through so going all digital is a no no for me unless its a game I know I won't be trading in at all.

I really wish they would allow the digital versions to be downloaded earlier than retail disc though and give a discount (Even 5 bucks). For the most part on consoles, there isn't any really great incentive to go all digital which sucks.

One thing that Nintendo is doing good right now is releasing the digital version of Wind Waker HD 2 weeks prior to the disc version. That's the kinda shyt that needs to happen going forward in order for digital to make a bigger impact.

but right now as it stands, it's still quicker for me to goto the store and get the disc version and resell it it if I want.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
movies and other stuff don't count? Or is that in the cloud as well? 500GB is not enough IMO, I am a little mad that neither went a full 1TB in these machines.

Movies can be stored in the cloud as well. And in my opinion streaming options work best for movies. You can steam your movies/music directly from your PC. So there is no need to use up hardrive space on your system to store them.

One thing Sony hasn't addressed is how the shared videos will work. If you have to store them on your machine that could take up a lot of space. On Xbox those videos are also stored in the cloud

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I Would, I Gotta Step My Internet Connection Up Though lol My shyt Is Fine For Regular Everyday Uses But Not Cool If Im Gonna Be DL Big Ass Games From The Market
Actually you don't. Games you can play instantly while they download bruh
http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/16/4527998/xbox-one-play-after-partial-download
Can't go wrong with Xbox :win:
Done with discs with a 500GB Hard Drive? good luck with that

My PS4 is getting upgraded on day 1 with a 2TB hard drive immediately.
Thats nice, but who gives a shyt or asked you what you doing with your PS4 :ooh:
Cuz while you HAVE TO UPGRADE that piece of shyt, maybe if you stopped being a biased fanboy you'd know all the info there is to know? Its pathetic how yesterday you said I know nothing about electronics yet you consistently show your ignorance :wow:
The Xbox One for the 1500th time, has UNLIMITED STORAGE IN THE CLOUD :blessed:
You never gonna use that 500gb as long as you have an internet connection :ufdup:
http://www.maximumpc.com/microsoft_..._unlimited_cloud_storage_xbox_one_console2013
Not only is Microsoft offering an infinity-capacity hard drive in the sky (compared to the 512MB cap for Xbox 360 users), but you don't need an Xbox Live Gold account to use it. "Xbox Live offers Xbox One unlimited storage space in the cloud for all Xbox Live members to store numerous types of Xbox Live content, including your profile, games, Achievements and entertainment. This content is stored and saved in the cloud so you can automatically access it anywhere, anytime, no matter where you are
Yup, even a silver account nikka, all 17 of them will have unlimited space too. But keep being an unbiased mod :tu:
You Gotta Count Apps, System Updates, XBL Games, Game Updates, Avatar Bullshyt Etc...

Not Saying Blowing Thru 500GBs Is Gonna Be Quick But Im Sure It Adds Up Faster Than You Think, Especially If You Choose To Be Exclusively Digital
While I already answered that above, even if the cloud wasn't available all the shyt you talking about isn't that much space. How much space does all that take up on your xbox/ps3 right now? I got too much shyt on there, its a non issue on a 250gb HDD, 500gb and unlimted could storage makes this "concern" a non issue
Hood pass, still revoked :birdman:
Is there any threat of red ring of deathing from either system? Because if so, I'll start with physical copies and switch over to digital down the line.
None on Xbox. The XB1 is designed to last 10yrs while its being ON NON STOP :whew:
PS4, literally NOTHING is known. Sony isn't talking about any particulars about anything right now.
Ask the fanboys to actually show you. Sony fans will change the subject, tell them to show it
I'll show you the xbox solution...
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-07-31-xbox-one-designed-to-stay-on-for-10-years
:deadhorse:
can you still play movies off an external?
Yes on xbox, sony once again hasn't talked about anything which isn't a good thing for you.
If things changed for the better, they'd trumpet that as a reason to get it :hula:
Cinivia for instance is something on PS3 that blocks bootleg movies from playing. A blu-ray codec
Not sure why it would then apply to streaming non blu-ray content but thats how it works on ps3
XB1 and PS4 both have blu-ray, would cinivia be there? Possibly. But xbox has something to combat that already
Nokia has an app called "Play-to" and Microsoft bought Nokia yesterday.
The Xbox 360 just got an update that allows you to turn on Play-To in the options. Turn it on
Then from my phone I enter my app, it finds the xbox then streams whatever instantly from phone to xbox over the homes wifi
1080p works flawlessly, cinivia can't stop it :whoo:
There is currently nothing like that for sony and since sony is heavy in the movie business they wouldn't want people bootlegging there movies so I wouldn't hold me breath on a solution :manny:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Actually you don't. Games you can play instantly while they download bruh
http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/16/4527998/xbox-one-play-after-partial-download
Can't go wrong with Xbox :win:

Thats nice, but who gives a shyt or asked you what you doing with your PS4 :ooh:
Cuz while you HAVE TO UPGRADE that piece of shyt, maybe if you stopped being a biased fanboy you'd know all the info there is to know? Its pathetic how yesterday you said I know nothing about electronics yet you consistently show your ignorance :wow:
The Xbox One for the 1500th time, has UNLIMITED STORAGE IN THE CLOUD :blessed:
You never gonna use that 500gb as long as you have an internet connection :ufdup:
http://www.maximumpc.com/microsoft_..._unlimited_cloud_storage_xbox_one_console2013

Yup, even a silver account nikka, all 17 of them will have unlimited space too. But keep being an unbiased mod :tu:

While I already answered that above, even if the cloud wasn't available all the shyt you talking about isn't that much space. How much space does all that take up on your xbox/ps3 right now? I got too much shyt on there, its a non issue on a 250gb HDD, 500gb and unlimted could storage makes this "concern" a non issue
Hood pass, still revoked :birdman:

None on Xbox. The XB1 is designed to last 10yrs while its being ON NON STOP :whew:
PS4, literally NOTHING is known. Sony isn't talking about any particulars about anything right now.
Ask the fanboys to actually show you. Sony fans will change the subject, tell them to show it
I'll show you the xbox solution...
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-07-31-xbox-one-designed-to-stay-on-for-10-years

:deadhorse:

Yes on xbox, sony once again hasn't talked about anything which isn't a good thing for you.
If things changed for the better, they'd trumpet that as a reason to get it :hula:
Cinivia for instance is something on PS3 that blocks bootleg movies from playing. A blu-ray codec
Not sure why it would then apply to streaming non blu-ray content but thats how it works on ps3
XB1 and PS4 both have blu-ray, would cinivia be there? Possibly. But xbox has something to combat that already
Nokia has an app called "Play-to" and Microsoft bought Nokia yesterday.
The Xbox 360 just got an update that allows you to turn on Play-To in the options. Turn it on
Then from my phone I enter my app, it finds the xbox then streams whatever instantly from phone to xbox over the homes wifi
1080p works flawlessly, cinivia can't stop it :whoo:
There is currently nothing like that for sony and since sony is heavy in the movie business they wouldn't want people bootlegging there movies so I wouldn't hold me breath on a solution :manny:

Why the fukk are u obsessed with reincarnating Titan with these long azz posts

If only you applied this much energy to your faulty parenting...

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Why the fukk are u obsessed with reincarnating Titan with these long azz posts

If only you applied this much energy to your faulty parenting...
Nobody asked your bytchass to read any of it :sitdown:
And to each person I replied to, they get a notification of the reply, they click on it and it takes them to where they was quoted. They read there 2 to 5 lines and they keep it moving
If everything else I wrote is entertaining enough, they might read that too. I reread my own shyt all the time
I'm just that damn good :gladbron:

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
I'm going mostly digital this time, since I only buy games that I know I'll keep. I'll cop a physical copy of any game I might take over to my boys' crib, other than that it's all digital for me

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
No way am I gonna all-digital next gen. I could easily see the console manufacturers going with ARM SoCs the next gen after the PS4/XB1 & we'd be in the same situation with no Backwards Compatibility. I'm only willing to go all digital on PC.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
No way am I gonna all-digital next gen. I could easily see the console manufacturers going with ARM SoCs the next gen after the PS4/XB1 & we'd be in the same situation with no Backwards Compatibility. I'm only willing to go all digital on PC.
What games from last gen on PC do you still PLAY today :stopitslime:
What games from last gen on PS2 do you still play?
If the answer is 99% none of them? Your comment makes NO SENSE
There are too many games these days, more now than ever before. So you wouldn't have time to play now and previous. Backlogs was unheard of back in the SNES days :manny:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
cant go wrong with xbox... when the link you posted clearly says ps4 has the same feature :usure:
What the fukk does that gotta do with anything, I was answering KologeroPR's post (he lost his hood pass)
And the "you can't go wrong with xbox" comment stands because sony has a Knack :whistle: for over promising and under delivering. So I'll believe it when I see it

Speaking of which, real question. Has ANYTHING been revealed yet about the new PSN?
Not shyt talking, just want to know. If its no, then my fears are valid :popcorn: