Going digital :blessed:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Anyone else going all digital next gen?

I think the benefits of digital far outweigh the benefits of physical discs for the upcoming gen. A lot of the new features on both consoles benefit from using digital games.

I'll buy a disc at launch just to make sure I have something to play right away, but beyond that, I'm done with discs::blessed:

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I Would, I Gotta Step My Internet Connection Up Though lol My shyt Is Fine For Regular Everyday Uses But Not Cool If Im Gonna Be DL Big Ass Games From The Market

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
I'll probably buy digital versions of games that I have no intention of selling. I couldn't imagine holding onto something like BF4 once BF 5 drops. I usually don't care when it comes to PC gaming since the games are usually dirt cheap.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Anyone else going all digital next gen?

I think the benefits of digital far outweigh the benefits of physical discs for the upcoming gen. A lot of the new features on both consoles benefit from using digital games.

I'll buy a disc at launch just to make sure I have something to play right away, but beyond that, I'm done with discs::blessed:
Done with discs with a 500GB Hard Drive? good luck with that

My PS4 is getting upgraded on day 1 with a 2TB hard drive immediately.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I Would, I Gotta Step My Internet Connection Up Though lol My shyt Is Fine For Regular Everyday Uses But Not Cool If Im Gonna Be DL Big Ass Games From The Market
Hopefully sony and microsoft learned SOMETHING from steam and allows people to pre-load and then unlock at midnight.

I won't have my hopes up though.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Done with discs with a 500GB Hard Drive? good luck with that

My PS4 is getting upgraded on day 1 with a 2TB hard drive immediately.

just like Steam, you don't have to have every game you own installed at once. in fact, just like Steam, you can buy over 200 games and never even play them :gladbron:

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:stopitslime:
There won't even be 500gb worth of games to download for at least a couple years

You Gotta Count Apps, System Updates, XBL Games, Game Updates, Avatar Bullshyt Etc...

Not Saying Blowing Thru 500GBs Is Gonna Be Quick But Im Sure It Adds Up Faster Than You Think, Especially If You Choose To Be Exclusively Digital

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
just like Steam, you don't have to have every game you own installed at once. in fact, just like Steam, you can buy over 200 games and never even play them :gladbron:
I am spoiled. I always have all my games installed. I even have NBA 2K9 installed :snoop:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
You Gotta Count Apps, System Updates, XBL Games, Game Updates, Avatar Bullshyt Etc...

Not Saying Blowing Thru 500GBs Is Gonna Be Quick But Im Sure It Adds Up Faster Than You Think, Especially If You Choose To Be Exclusively Digital
EXACTLY, this was going to be my same response.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Most stuff can/will be saved in the cloud.

Apps and updates are usually very small. Everything else won't be stored on the hardrive.

Even if we set 100gb aside for "other" stuff(which is a huge amount)

There still won't be enough games to use up 400gb for a long time

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Is there any threat of red ring of deathing from either system? Because if so, I'll start with physical copies and switch over to digital down the line.