Godfather Of Harlem TV Series (Bumpy Johnson Story) - (Forest Whitaker/Epix/Trailer)

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Oh wow, the lady that plays Bumpy’s wife is the same assistant from Billions
:ohhh:
2-31.jpg

Ilfenesh_Hadera%2C_The_Women_of_Billions.jpg
latest

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hold up!! The end of this episode was :ooh::patrice:- so ummmm was Mrs. Bumpy Johnson getting side action from the boxer opponent ...scandal
:picard: How is she the wife of a major street dude and still putting herself out there like that ?? That’s how they got down in the 60s?

because he was in prison. thats why she told Doug it was over, because Bumpy was back home.

I mean I GET IT.....The storyline is showing no matter what type of hatred is going on.
We can't fault our hearts for what we seek in each other.

But the storyline is boring, The white chick doesn't look good
and I don't care about this dudes music.

on top of that its a fictional occurrence. it didnt happen in real life, not with Chin's daughter, maybe was based on another couple. just in the show to give an idea of the climate at that time when interracial marriage was not yet legal in the U.S.

Last edited:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Excellent show so far but 3 rape scenes, all showing black men as rapists :camby:

“Big dikk Buster” :camby::dame:

that’s clearly some twisted fantasy of the creative team :mjpls:
Boardwalk Empire showed a mother having sex with her son (incest), the mother being raped by a pedo at the age of 14, giving birth to said pedo rapist's son. Margaret's husband was a wife beater who caused her to miscarry, Lucky Luciano with his std scenes.. so I mean, I'm not bringing out that card with this show considering how quality it is without being too over the top stereotypical. Let's not act like "rape" is the entire premise of this Bumpy show- they're not being deliberately graphic and it's a quick pan out/end scene when Buster enters the room. If that's all that you got from the show, maybe you need to rewatch - they have the Italians doing some real grimy shyt to each other with Bumpy always outsmarting and outmaneuvering them instead of being the stereotypical "yessir boss" type- he owns and runs his own operations. Not to mention the dynamic between Malcolm and Bumpy is impactful in itself. Those are not major components of the show. They don't make black men look subservient or docile as such is the norm with a lot of the other shows. They make the cops corrupt and look like buffoons. Every neighborhood is going to have it's element - good and bad.

Last edited:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Another dope episode :wow:

But this is true. At this point, they have to shyt or get off the pot. One of them isn't gonna make it through the end of the season.
I think Chin is going to go bananas :lolbron:and off his own daughter. Remember when he was talking about her thotting around with dude at 13 and catching them. He gave orders to have (Costello or Bonanno's ?son) killed. I think when he finds out about this, he's going to rage out and accept the fact that she can't be saved. Rather have her dead than to keep lying and dishonoring the family.