Godfather of Harlem >>>> The Sopranos

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Speaking of which, this most recent season 3 of "Godfather of Harlem" got me wanting to get back into "Boardwalk Empire". I've only seen the 1st season of "Boardwalk Empire". How does "Godfather of Harlem" stack up with "Boardwalk Empire"?

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I don't watch any of that nonsense.

TLOU >>>>>> Sopranos and Godfather of Harlem. Only old heads proudly repping Italian gangster names, wearing throwbacks, fitted caps, and listening to Griselda like those types of shows.

:manny:
kobe-bryant-huh.gif

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Don't get me wrong. I like the Godfather of Harlem alot and I think the acting is excellent given it's limited budget. But the Sopranos is GOAT tier television. Its not even a fair comparison.

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
Niccas be trying too hard. The shytty music alone brings it down several notches....it had potential and could've been executed better

Don't get me wrong. I like the Godfather of Harlem alot and I think the acting is excellent given it's limited budget. But the Sopranos is GOAT tier television. Its not even a fair comparison.
i respect both of these responses and though the budget isnt the same i prefer the harlem history vs mafia fiction.

in your case @feelosofer please tell me what makes the show goat tier tv

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
i respect both of these responses and though the budget isnt the same i prefer the harlem history vs mafia fiction.

in your case @feelosofer please tell me what makes the show goat tier tv

The Sopranos made HBO must watch television. They are still deconstructing the show right now. It had people arguing if it was a legitimate drama or a super dark comedy and either one was legitimate. It made James Gandolfoni a very good character actor into a star. It made stars of pretty much every character actor. People are still having conversations about the ending.