God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't remember the Fallout 4 situation.

The fukkin GOAT reveal-to-release. I still have no idea why established franchises don’t go this route. Shareholders and publishers need to stfu sometimes and let shyt cook. The profits will be there

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
The fukkin GOAT reveal-to-release. I still have no idea why established franchises don’t go this route. Shareholders and publishers need to stfu sometimes and let shyt cook. The profits will be there

Respawn/EA did a surprise drop with Apex Legends and they had bigger numbers than Fortnite for a month. I wish more games did this but I'm guessing it's harder to keep this shyt a secret compared to music/albums.

Long rollouts in general almost always end up disappointing cause they'll build up so much hype and impossible to meet expectations.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Respawn/EA did a surprise drop with Apex Legends and they had bigger numbers than Fortnite for a month. I wish more games did this but I'm guessing it's harder to keep this shyt a secret compared to music/albums.

Long rollouts in general almost always end up disappointing cause they'll build up so much hype and impossible to meet expectations.

That’s wack if they let fear dictate marketing. The game itself is what’s gonna bring the money in at the end of the day, as long as the company putting it out has some kinda name, or the franchise itself does.

All these long ass rollouts do is add even more cost to marketing, and eat into the margins that much more. Why do that for a game you know ppl will buy anyway :heh: this isn’t to tie into that point necessarily, but they could announce and release GTA6 today and I guarantee the only thing holding their player count back would be servers to download and play the shyt

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I already see people on other forums/twitter complaining about how sony have no games announced or release dates so this is why you don’t typically get those type of reveal-launches with a lot of games.

Also, its harder to hire for a game when no one knows what game the studio is working on. For instance, more people will be hype to go work at ubisoft for a Syphon Filter reboot rather than Tom Clancy Jungle Assault 2023.

Plus through job listings and the industry gossip shyt just leaks anyway with all these new clout Chasers on youtube.

Unless you talk about your game 24/7 for 3 years people will never believe its being worked on or close to being released

Daps
This game is probably coming out in February like HFW. They probably will announce the delay at the showcase later this year.

The problem is that Sony should have had their ducks in a row before Xbox started buying shyt. They were too reactionary and now all their projects people care about are basically years out and they have nothing to show.

Good ole JIM LYINN!!!!!!

:smugbiden:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This game is probably coming out in February like HFW. They probably will announce the delay at the showcase later this year.

The problem is that Sony should have had their ducks in a row before Xbox started buying shyt. They were too reactionary and now all their projects people care about are basically years out and they have nothing to show.

Good ole JIM LYINN!!!!!!

:smugbiden:

We know it's you Courtdog :mjpls:

Daps
M7C8v6W
M7C8v6W
M7C8v6W

Huh ?
Bro I’m so lost on wtf you talking about
:snoop:
but ok…..

Edit- Just looked dude up