God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
I do feel like GOW 2018 had an overall better story, and characterization of Kratos post GOW 3. I don’t like how they dialed up the moodiness, and pacifist aspects of Kratos’s character in Ragnarok. But I wouldn’t say that they killed the rage/anger, aspects of his character either. It showed up when Kratos killed Heimdall, but I get what you’re saying. As for Atreus, Santa Monica gotta perform a miracle to get me interested in him. I refuse to believe that they’re confident. With letting him lead the franchise onwards.
Yea from what I've seen people are either in indifferent towards Atreus or don't care for him

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Yeah, but man it would be kinda sucky for kratos to lose a child again borderline depressing at this point.

The only way I could see it work is if kratos literally had to kill him in a similar ferya/baldur type situation.

That could be epic, and to set it off it could all be mastered minded by "Loki" for the sake of the future... the world needs "The god of war" a point he nor the players find out until many games later.

Naughty dog give me a bag and I'll fix kratos for you.:whew:

I feel like he has to become the villain especially since they "averted" the prophecy of Kratos dying... for now

Loki is a villain through and through, I mean Atreus as a child murdered a defeated Modi in cold blood, disobeyed his fathers orders as a teen and started a realm ending war for shyts and giggles based off an obscure prohecy regarding his own greatness, which led to the death of his best friends brother... dude is at best dangerously mischievous and at worst hes gonna grow into being a dark god/giant/mortal hybrid that threatens EVERY mythology

We know that Gods are found in every realm... but so are Giants. Theres Giants in Greek mythology (not the Titans, the Gigantes that started the second war for Olympus), which havent been used in the series before... theres Giants in Celtic mythology (which was hinted at as being Mimirs homeland) like Balor, Dagda and the other Celt Gods... and even in Egyptian and Japanese myths like the serpent Apophis or Susanoo and them. All places thats already been foreshadowed.

Whose to say Atreus doesnt go on a quest to "free" these realms searching for his people since he is the "champion of the giants" and ends up causing absolute CHAOS everywhere he goes, with only one God who can put him down for good....Kratos :lupe:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
GoW 2018 was the better story but it also benefited from being mostly setup, introducing new characters, not having to resolve any major plot lines, and then ending on a cliff hanger.

GoW:R had the more daunting task of following through on all that setup. And part of the issue is they kinda pussied out on half of it.

If you gon reveal the kid is Loki and Kratos is prophesied to die and Ragnorak is the title… it might make you think this is headed in that dark place that Last of Us 2 went narratively (and a good portion of GoW:R had that foreboding vibe), but instead they wrapped it up like a Marvel movie.

Which is fine (wholesome is fine) but it just felt more “safe” than I’d expected given all the setup.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
I feel like he has to become the villain especially since they "averted" the prophecy of Kratos dying... for now

Loki is a villain through and through, I mean Atreus as a child murdered a defeated Modi in cold blood, disobeyed his fathers orders as a teen and started a realm ending war for shyts and giggles based off an obscure prohecy regarding his own greatness, which led to the death of his best friends brother... dude is at best dangerously mischievous and at worst hes gonna grow into being a dark god/giant/mortal hybrid that threatens EVERY mythology

We know that Gods are found in every realm... but so are Giants. Theres Giants in Greek mythology (not the Titans, the Gigantes that started the second war for Olympus), which havent been used in the series before... theres Giants in Celtic mythology (which was hinted at as being Mimirs homeland) like Balor, Dagda and the other Celt Gods... and even in Egyptian and Japanese myths like the serpent Apophis or Susanoo and them. All places thats already been foreshadowed.

Whose to say Atreus doesnt go on a quest to "free" these realms searching for his people since he is the "champion of the giants" and ends up causing absolute CHAOS everywhere he goes, with only one God who can put him down for good....Kratos :lupe:
Making Atreus a villain would be the biggest ass pull Santa Monica could do. Atreus ain’t built like that and convincing us otherwise. Gonna take one hell of a writer to make that work. At best they should just try their best to make him. Into an interesting and cool character.

Last edited: