God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
Just finished yesterday. Might be my fave God of War in terms of story.

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

Early plans for God of War Ragnarök involved a big death and a wild twist: https://bit.ly/3Xr9uF7

In an interview with MinnMax, God of War Ragnarök’s narrative director Matt Sophos and story lead Richard Gaubert explained that very early in the creation of the sequel, they pitched the idea of Kratos dying in his first fight with Thor.

“And so, [Kratos] was gonna die, and then it wasn’t a permanent death,” said Sophos. “What was going to happen—and I don’t care, we can tell this because it doesn’t happen anymore, so this is all fan fiction at this point—he would get pulled out of Hell, essentially, by [his son] Atreus.”

However, the Atreus that would rescue Kratos from Hell wasn’t the same Atreus we got in the most recent two games. Instead he’d have been a lot older, with Sophos explaining that “20 years” would have passed in the world of the living, calling it a “big time jump-type thing.”

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Beat it great game, Atreus likes them thick I see..lol anyway the ending leaves it open for another game some what.

Well to the next game

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

Reminds me a little of TLOU2

It would have been fun to do this in the old style of games but in the new style it doesn't fit. Also would likely have a much more violent traditional characterization of kratos who would be in it for revenge, that wouldn't pay respect to his character development.