God of War | PS4/ PC |

Anhur

All Star
Daps
I've never played any of the other games of the franchise but I will buy this one. It looks amazing!

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
9b3.png

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
God of War director Cory Barlog says that the franchise isn't tied to its Greek mythology roots and could very well explore other eras and settings in the future.

"The Greek games were the Greek era of God of War," said Barlog in the most recent issue of Game Informer. "Moving on, the next mythological belief system he interacts with became the Norse era of God of War. But we may end up going on to the Egyptian era and the Mayan era and so on and so forth."

Considering that God of War hasn't even been released yet - it is set to release sometime this year - it's best to think of Barlog's comments as a casual consideration of the franchise's future. He's simply speculating that future God of War games might follow the upcoming game's lead by drastically changing the series' once familiar settings.

Still, Barlog has long been the one person at Sony who truly believed that the God of War franchise could be effectively rebooted and turned into a premier name once again.

"Even the first pitches I gave, there was that, 'You've really got to convince me that we should do another one,'" said Balrog.

God of War: Future Games May Explore Egyptian and Mayan Mythology

Anhur

All Star
Daps
God of War director Cory Barlog says that the franchise isn't tied to its Greek mythology roots and could very well explore other eras and settings in the future.

"The Greek games were the Greek era of God of War," said Barlog in the most recent issue of Game Informer. "Moving on, the next mythological belief system he interacts with became the Norse era of God of War. But we may end up going on to the Egyptian era and the Mayan era and so on and so forth."

Considering that God of War hasn't even been released yet - it is set to release sometime this year - it's best to think of Barlog's comments as a casual consideration of the franchise's future. He's simply speculating that future God of War games might follow the upcoming game's lead by drastically changing the series' once familiar settings.

Still, Barlog has long been the one person at Sony who truly believed that the God of War franchise could be effectively rebooted and turned into a premier name once again.

"Even the first pitches I gave, there was that, 'You've really got to convince me that we should do another one,'" said Balrog.

God of War: Future Games May Explore Egyptian and Mayan Mythology
I hope they don't go to Egypt. People keep whitewashing ancient Egypt.
They were planning to do ancient Egypt but saw the backlash from "Gods and Kings" and "Exodus" which forced them to go with Norse mythology.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I hope they don't go to Egypt. People keep whitewashing ancient Egypt.
They were planning to do ancient Egypt but saw the backlash from "Gods and Kings" and "Exodus" which forced them to go with Norse mythology.

If they do it right, I don't have a problem. Change the character though and don't whitewash the Egyptian gods