GOAT Mario game(s)?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
How is Super Mario World not the clear runaway?

its playable to this day.

it is probably the greatest video game ever.

Dope game, but too easy.
Smb3 and yoshi's island both had tighter , more varied level design, and better challenge.

You couldnt just fly over every level with a blue yoshi or a cape.

Mario 3 suits and the giant boot >>>>

yoshi's island's bosses >>>>

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
I have yet to play Mario Galaxy or Mario 64, I need to cop a Wii and a fire tv to play emulators :mjcry:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
mario galaxy is cheeks 2 me. Honestly when they started doing the 3D marios i lost interest real quick. They were meh to me

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Super Mario 3 is still the greatest Mario game when it came out. I was in high school and we were legit playing that game until 2-3 am on Friday nights at times. Also that was really the game that set the template for things like hint hotlines and FAQs. Also we used to see who could beat the levels the fastest, get the most points. It's a game that held up 3 years later in Mario All-Stars and holds up now.

Mario Galaxy is the 3D Super Mario 3 in my opinion.

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
All-Stars:ahh:

Did you ever beat that Lost Levels version?

I have yet to play Mario Galaxy or Mario 64, I need to cop a Wii and a fire tv to play emulators :mjcry:

You got a decent enough computer, you can emulate the Wii for free (Google "Dolphin emulator") and cop some ROMs or something. Grab a Wii remote and a cheap Bluetooth dongle off Amazon and you're good to go.

You couldnt just fly over every level with a blue yoshi or a cape

SMW wins it on this godforsaken level alone. Your timing had to be absolutely PERFECT to get through it b/c there was nowhere to stand. I think Outrageous was harder, but that level was the very reason why the Feather Cape existed.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did you ever beat that Lost Levels version?

SMW wins it on this godforsaken level alone. Your timing had to be absolutely PERFECT to get through it b/c there was nowhere to stand. I think Outrageous was harder, but that level was the very reason why the Feather Cape existed.

:whew:

The special levels were definitely the best part of the game. The rest of it wasn't nearly as challenging imo. Worlds 7 and 8 in smb3 were no slouch either. That world 8 fortress :merchant:

And the Lost Levels :banderas: