GMB: Kenny Smith’s Ex-Wife Garnishing His ‘Inside the NBA’ Paychecks to Pay Child & Spousal Support.

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
I think alimony is done once the ex gets remarried.
Alimony aka spousal support almost never lasts for ever.

In the state of California, it says a general rule is that spousal support will last for half the length of a less than 10 years long marriage. However, in longer marriages, the court will not set alimony duration. The burden will be on the party who pays to prove that spousal support is not necessary at some future point in time.

The duration of spousal support is left to the discretion of the court within certain general equitable principals and guidelines most often set forth in common law case histories. The circumstances vary from person to person, but the courts rarely favor “lifetime support.

The part that gets these rich men with these crazy numbers is that one of the items that the courts look at to come up with a number is “The needs of each party based on the standard of living established during the marriage.”

That’s the one they should do away with or rewrite in some way. It should maybe start there, but only for year one, and then decrease each year after until it’s done, giving a woman plenty of time to acclimate to her new life without tossing her onto the streets and a job at Wendy’s.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
the crazy thing about all this, your wife could cheat and leave you for a new man and you STILL GOTTA PAY

reminds me of what that rubbery cac hulk said

Pro wrestling legend Hulk Hogan, embroiled in a bitter divorce with his wife, Linda, told Rolling Stone magazine he can "totally understand" O.J. Simpson, the former football great found liable for the deaths of his wife and another man.

"I could have turned everything into a crime scene like O.J., cutting everybody's throat," Hogan said in the interview for a feature that will run in Friday's edition of the magazine.

"You live half a mile from the 20,000-square-foot home you can't go to anymore, you're driving through downtown Clearwater [Florida] and see a 19-year-old boy driving your Escalade, and you know that a 19-year-old boy is sleeping in your bed, with your wife ...

"I totally understand O.J. I get it
," Hogan said.

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
In the words of Paster Young
"I got some child support for ya, get off ya ass bytch and get u a job" :wow:

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of y'all don't know shyt about women talmbout Yall ugly:mjlol: bytch knew what Kenny looked like on the first date. The money got her but couldn't keep her. Kenny's problem was he's not a Type A nikka. She see him sitting up there with Number 1's/Alphas in Chuck and Shaq and that was the problem.
bytches like her want to be reflected in the glory of great and important men. Being Mrs. Kenny Smith dont mean shyt. Magic got HIV and cookie ain't leave because its value and prestige being Mrs. Magic Johnson.

A boss nikka will get and keep a bytch any day over a pretty nikka. That's little girl shyt.
Again bullshyt gettin dapped. Why Shaq divorced from his wife then? Why alpha Barkley marry a gargoyle? Of course that trash lookin bytch ain’t leaving Chuck.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
the crazy thing about all this, your wife could cheat and leave you for a new man and you STILL GOTTA PAY

reminds me of what that rubbery cac hulk said

Pro wrestling legend Hulk Hogan, embroiled in a bitter divorce with his wife, Linda, told Rolling Stone magazine he can "totally understand" O.J. Simpson, the former football great found liable for the deaths of his wife and another man.

"I could have turned everything into a crime scene like O.J., cutting everybody's throat," Hogan said in the interview for a feature that will run in Friday's edition of the magazine.

"You live half a mile from the 20,000-square-foot home you can't go to anymore, you're driving through downtown Clearwater [Florida] and see a 19-year-old boy driving your Escalade, and you know that a 19-year-old boy is sleeping in your bed, with your wife ...

"I totally understand O.J. I get it
," Hogan said.

It took all of that for racist ass CAC Hogan to see what a man goes thru when the chick wakes up one day and flips the script forever AND walks away with the bag.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Just make marriage obsolete and not a thing anymore

If people want to live with each other for the rest of their lives and have kids...ok

Why the need for a contract?

Its stupid

Ill probably eventually get married and take a big L but thats because im also stupid

He could have signed a prenup. He apparently didnt. That's on him, not on marriage as an institution.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If my wife divorced me and told me she wants the kids and 45k a month...what she is really saying is I want you to kill me and dispose of my body...because that is all I am going to hear...
Ok

OJ