Global IT outages due to Crowdstrike got the whole world shook up (The FAA has grounded flights from Delta, United and AA)

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They have lots of competitors who will now steal market share from them. Along with the lawsuits from customers who aren't gonna just eat the cost of lost revenue.
tenor-7-27.gif

I hope those tech layoffs were worth it.

I think crowdstrike got insurance just for this kind of fukkup... won't be enough

One of their largest and most established competitors pulled out the US market (kaspersky)

Webroot = trash
Bitdefender biggest winner out of all this
MSFT defender could get a bump
ESET could eat

but shyt everybody fukk up now and then:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I work in IT...No remote way of fixing this, each impacted machine has to be touched by a tech to remove the bad file/update. Some organizations have thousands of workstations and servers and not many technicians, not to mention a lot of the machines are at employees homes. :sadcam: :mjlol::sadcam:.

Glad I'm not impacted.

I knew it. The devices can't boot into windows so a firewall fix remotely won't work. I got to get a fix and go to every fukking PC. Thanks for the heads up. I had a feeling.

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I knew it. The devices can't boot into windows so a firewall fix remotely won't work. I got to get a fix and go to every fukking PC. Thanks for the heads up. I had a feeling.

7/18/24 10:20PM PT - Hello everyone - We have widespread reports of BSODs on windows hosts, occurring on multiple sensor versions. Investigating cause. TA will be published shortly. Pinned thread.
SCOPE: EU-1, US-1, US-2 and US-GOV-1
Edit 10:36PM PT - TA posted: https://supportportal.crowdstrike.c...s-crashes-related-to-Falcon-Sensor-2024-07-19
Edit 11:27 PM PT:
CrowdStrike Engineering has identified a content deployment related to this issue and reverted those changes.
Workaround Steps:
  1. Boot Windows into Safe Mode or the Windows Recovery Environment
  2. Navigate to the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\CrowdStrike directory
  3. Locate the file matching “C-00000291*.sys”, and delete it.
  4. Boot the host normally.