Global IT outages due to Crowdstrike got the whole world shook up (The FAA has grounded flights from Delta, United and AA)

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
My shyt still busted and I'm not doing any work arounds until IT fixes it :umad:

Already took a nap today. Might clean up the house a bit too :mjgrin:
Same here, I got folks hitting me up about from a roadblock from yesterday. I ain't doing a goddamn thing:russ:

And I had some work to do tonight that's been cancelled so I'm chilling

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
We get the corporate email and luckily we don't use CrowdStrike at all but a lot of our customers do. Thank god I'm nowhere near customer support because they are having a nightmare time dealing with this shyt.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
This shyt affecting all the industries I deal with for work.. :mjlol:

But in my biz, Of course I had a closings for friday and they cant get paper work after getting clear to close yesterday :mjcry:

This is why I HATE closing on fridays, HAAAAAAATE.. Even told the mortgage broker, lets set it for thursday, friday closings never go well. Nobody likes to listen, SMFH..

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
There is no way this shyt wouldn't had come up if they actually did some testing, fukking nerds were probably testing on a VM on Linux or some shyt like that.

ucanthandlethetruth

Failure is not a option
Daps
Reppin
Planet of Hip Hop
Hold on, they didn't test this on non-prod systems first? 🤦🏿
This...sadly things are slack as shyt with some companies....I have a contract with a Major bank and the shyt I see, the lack of p can't imagine any company not running a dev/qa
What's funny is we plan vast majority of our tech deployments over the weekend.

Its like a guiding principle here. Prevailing thought is that any issues minimize customer impact :heh:

I work in banking, one of Canada's big 5 banks
Facts. Most Dark windows for major production work starts at 9/10pm Friday night until Monday morning 6 or so hours before market opens... seems like a total company failure they didn't ensure there was a backout procedure, also how Did this patch outcome not show in a SHADOW test environment beforehand? Like so many questions not even sure how this happens on this scale