hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GSFZ6BLbwAAoXwI

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
For all the people complaining "Why is there a rap song in the trailer". "No Church in the Wild" actually fits the theme of "Gladiator". Listen to Frank's hook and Jay's lyrics. Hov raps about the Colisum on the track. As someone mentioned. Jay sampled "Gladiator" on "What More Can I Say". Also I have to be honest, it's kind of fake outrage. I was alive when "Gladiator" came out. The 1st time anyone started talked about it was after the Super Bowl Trailer. Guess what, that trailer had Football and Kid Rock for crying out loud. Once that Super Bowl Trailer dropped, everyone was talking about "Yo, there's some Gladiator movie coming out". So that was the main trailer that everyone saw first.

"But A rap song in the trailer doesn't make sense". Meanwhile crickets on this trailer, lol.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
For all the people complaining "Why is there a rap song in the trailer". "No Church in the Wild" actually fits the theme of "Gladiator". Listen to Frank's hook and Jay's lyrics. Hov raps about the Colisum on the track. As someone mentioned. Jay sampled "Gladiator" on "What More Can I Say". Also I have to be honest, it's kind of fake outrage. I was alive when "Gladiator" came out. The 1st time anyone started talked about it was after the Super Bowl Trailer. Guess what, that trailer had Football and Kid Rock for crying out loud. Once that Super Bowl Trailer dropped, everyone was talking about "Yo, there's some Gladiator movie coming out". So that was the main trailer that everyone saw first.

"But A rap song in the trailer doesn't make sense". Meanwhile crickets on this trailer, lol.

I remember that trailer and I've always thought about how different that was at the time. They even changed it up after it came out because of nba and hockey playoffs

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I remember at the time they had a special screening for nba, NFL and wwf wrestlers

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I'm excited, but I don't think this is a good trailer for it. No Church in the Wild and Denzel not having an accent takes you out of it. Don't get me wrong, the chorus is perfect for this film, but they should've redid the style of the song. And Denzel has done accents before, so I don't get it.

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
Looks like part 1 with a new generic main actor however I think it looks promising. :manny:

Don't sleep on Paul Mescal. Him, Denzel and the set design/cinematography is the reason I'm excited for this movie. Paul has been in 2 of the best films of the 2020s so far, Aftersun (he killed in this one especially) and All of Us Strangers. He doesn't have the sheer gravitas of Russell Crowe, but very few actors do.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't sleep on Paul Mescal. Him, Denzel and the set design/cinematography is the reason I'm excited for this movie. Paul has been in 2 of the best films of the 2020s so far, Aftersun (he killed in this one especially) and All of Us Strangers. He doesn't have the sheer gravitas of Russell Crowe, but very few actors do.

Mescal is a very good young actor but this is a huge hill to climb for him. :yeshrug:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps

It's just cacs cacing seeing a prominent black man in the middle of Rome

Conz

Superstar
Daps
why does everything gotta be so deep and "culture war-y?"

the song is weird tonally with the trailer ragardless of lyrics. that's it. that's all. 90% of trailers have weird music choices. stop engaging that shyt.

very happy that the worst fukkin people and their godking are gonna cruise in the election. they deserve it! they haven't ruined every single bit of discourse over the past decade. they're all great! also very glad Elon Musk bought Twitter. it's been great for the planet.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I never heard of him and he might be the reason this movie underperforms. I just hope it's a good flick but he seems a bit generic and maybe too unknown to take this movie to higher levels. Hope I'm wrong.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Never seen so much faux outrage lmao

Denzel doesn't have an accent!

Stfu. We have to endure every character having an English accent no matter the location whether it's period films or fantasy, game of thrones, lord of the rings etc.

Wasn't Russell a Spaniard in the original but I didn't detect a Spanish accent from him. For him it's ok I guess. :stopitslime:

People are funny. Smh.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never seen so much faux outrage lmao

Denzel doesn't have an accent!

Stfu. We have to endure every character having an English accent no matter the location whether it's period films or fantasy, game of thrones, lord of the rings etc.

Wasn't Russell a Spaniard in the original but I didn't detect a Spanish accent from him. For him it's ok I guess. :stopitslime:

People are funny. Smh.

British and fantasy/historical fiction just works breh. :yeshrug:

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
British and fantasy/historical fiction just works breh. :yeshrug:

This is proves my point I been making about UK actors, folks will tear an American actor apart for doing a bad/mediocre accent of any kind.. But British actors get away with butchering every accent including American ones. :mjlol: Most of them are not good at doing American accents but they get away with it because we don't give a fukk as much and are easily impressed that they don't sound British.. lol