Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
ZBNTRuY.png

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
They aren’t making the first movie though. And this is a trailer - you don’t know if rap music will be the score for the movie

And you’re the one complaining about the trailer supposedly being ruined because of rap music, not me, you shameless buffoon

:dahell:

c00n

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Damn that crazy 250 Million rumored budget was definitely used. Looks even more grand than the original and the war scenes were fire. Now I got "No Church in the Wild" in my head, lol. Always loved that beat and track. But looks good, the plot seems like Denzel's character is trying a secret coup against the Emperor using Marcus Aurelius grandson in the process. Mandalorian is obviously the Emperor's Gladiator. I like it. Denzel part seems really impactful too. It definitely picked up where the original left off. LOL @ Russell is still in it (Flashbacks), Anyways, 5 Oscar Noms at a minimum (Best Director, Best Picture, Best Supporting Actor etc).

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Sorry but him doing the Denzel laugh makes this shyt looks line a themed hollyweird orgy in those pics :mjlol:
Yeah his laugh kinda took me out of it :mjlol:

This will have epic moments, Denzel will do his thing but this will be another Midley Scott special
Why haven’t I heard midley Scott before :dead:

WTF did they put "Church of the Wild" in it?? :snoop:
Holy shyt, this isn't 2012 and some mid budgeted film.
Sometimes they take chances with the 1st trailer and then go bigger with the second though.

Also, I hate how films have shifted to digital because without the right lenses and lighting it looks cheap AF.
I'll see how it plays in the theater but from this trailer, the OG Gladiator looks miles better visually because it was shot on film.
I wasn’t thinking that deep but I did say to myself I feel like the OG looked better

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I know it's cliche to say this... but it does feel like they showed a bit too much.

Unless it's a major swerve, we can deduce that the final act is going to be 1v1 between Mr Fantastic and generic white male lead, and they flat out tell us the backstory and motivation for Denzel's Don King character sponsoring the generic white male lead...

I feel those things could've been kept in their back pocket, to maintain some mystery.

Mazino

All Star
Daps
It looks standard to me

Was anyone really asking for Gladiator sequel? Read the budget is $310m which means its likely going to flop

And Pedro Pascal is super oversatured now, does he need to be in everything?