“Give my child an award even if they didn’t win anything !!”- viral fb post sparcs debate

Do you agree with her

• Yes

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • No

Votes: 27 96.4%

• Total voters

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Awards are for excellence and exceptionalism. Not just for "you showed up" or "you got to the end". That's what your family is for. And those people complaining are exposing what their families don't do.

Parents better learn how to identify and grow their kids' talents and skills.

Now everybody's fridge is going to be plastered with worthless award papers.

Now? They been doing that.. :francis:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Now after a bit more pondering. The award should reflect what the community needs. So for communities where there are less resources or less access to resources, I can see participation or completion awards being given to students. Because the point is to get them to the next step. "You're only as strong as the weakest link" type of mentality. So it makes sense to instill the "we're all gonna get out of this mess and leave no one behind" mindset.

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
Just came from a graduation where some kids didn’t have awards said after their names, like Pseudonym Doe, suma cum laude, national honor society, black leaders of America …Thomas Doe, Timothy Doe, Sandra Ego, suma cum laude, international baccalaureate, national honor society etc etc

I felt bad for the kids that didn’t have anything said after their names but they didn’t earn it :yeshrug:

skokiaan

African original
Daps
Reppin
One Africa
Gold, Silver and Bronze. If you don't fit in them categories, tough break nikka there is always next term (classroom award) or year (grade award).