“Give my child an award even if they didn’t win anything !!”- viral fb post sparcs debate

Do you agree with her

• Yes

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • No

Votes: 27 96.4%

• Total voters

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I'm going to go in the opposite direction and say fukk all awards, not just "participation awards".

Little bit ago I saw this viral Facebook post where a mother was complaining because her daughter's scholarship wasn't going to be announced at graduation. And there were thousands of people agreeing with her about how unfair it was that they weren't recognizing her daughter's great accomplishment.

How pointless is that? Did her daughter apply for that scholarship just so she could get gassed up in front of her classmates? Isn't the point of the scholarship to get the chance to go to college, get an education, make something of yourself? If you turn that into some stupid pride thing and care that much about the recognition, it cheapens the entire thing.

Do shyt for the actual benefit and stop worrying so much about showing off.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
I think this started with my generation, I remember playing football as a 11 year old and getting a trophy for best defensive player then the next year I got a trophy with nothing on it.

Had me looking like :dahell:, why did I get this. I get it but imagine going to school the next day and telling people you got a trophy, what do you do when they ask you what it's for.

My young ass still used it to flex on the girlies that had no idea
:mjgrin:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
This is why men are needed in the picture
These oblong shaped bytches are raising sissies
You learn from your Ls
That’s how you get better and become more determined to win
Giving a kid a participation award makes them entitled in the end
Then when they become adults
They lash out and demand shyt
Then they meet somebody that course corrects that shyt through either violence or really stomping a mud hole into their ego
You could navigate the world back then by being an entitled prick
Not now, somebody will check that shyt with the quickness

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:mjlol: nikkaz talking crazy asf about a 6 or 7 year old... man stfu.

Teachers in that age range here to teach and encourage. Yall in here like tough world lil nikka :mjgrin:.

I see what yall nikkaz do for daps.