Give Idris Elba the same promotion and shots as Will Smith, and he'll be on Denzels level

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
I don't think Idris is a great actor, in my opinion, he kind of lacks range (and he needs to work on his accents). And it's not like he's not getting roles, he's in Thor, Pacific Rim, Prometheus (all big budget action movies that he's probably making bank from), the Mandela biopic (probably Oscar bait). Plus, I don't think he was all that great in Luther, that psychopath white chick Alice Morgan acted circles around him, she pretty much outshined him. :ehh:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
:salute: 5 Star Thread.

Tried to tell nikkas in the other thread about Will, but they wanted to pretend like this was 1999 or something.

These blind ass nikkas jus wont wake up, like you said they still think that this is Will of "99" and dont realise he's now "uninspired businessman" Will, who makes crap and bland movies and cant even do what he used to do which was to entertain us and is afraid to come out of his box. Just pushing his untalented son. I love Will, but the nikka has become as stale as cheese that's been expired for 10 years. Elba's just like my other nikka Fassbender, everyone who knows them likes them, that why these two nikkas are always getting suggested for Bond other big character, however these nikkas just need a breakout movie and some promotion to make them universally "big".

Elba's 5 times the actor Will "I play the same character or archetype" Smith is. nikkas needs to be pushed.

Last edited:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Give Michael K Williams the same shot. and watch. Ibris is already a lead roler, and he's british and leads there too. so the dude leads in 2 fukking countries, he's huge.

Michael K Williams would have nailed Django. In fact, he was in the runnings for it. It would have been more believable with his scar too.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
the 2 best black actors out are from london

220px-Idris_Elba.jpg

This nikka in four brothers, american gangster, salt and ton of other movies and had to change his voice to adapt to america hood role and other roles

chiwetel-ejiofor-june08-king-mag.png

I love both of these actors but, I can't pronounce the second dude's name for sh*t.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
hell no...Will Smith way more versatile than Idris...Idris can't play those comedy or superhero roles like Will can :comeon:

You're right about the comedy roles part. I could easily see Idris doing big budget films though. Not the kiddie superhero sh*t Will does but, espionage, thriller and action movies. I can see him being the first Black James Bond or playing a major role in movies like Ocean's Eleven, Fast and the Furious, Hitman and Taken. He's not being used properly.

idris-elba2.jpg

4-10-10-idris-elba-ambassador-american-black-film-festival.jpg

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
It's more then enough room for both of them
We have become worst then white people with this it only can be one of us on at a time.

THIS.

Yall nikkas DISGUST me. I got no problems with yall big uppin Idris or any other blk actors who are deserving, but no way in the hell should Will Smith be denigrated in the process just to make that point stronger. FOH. :pacspit: