Girl, 12, Sets Herself on Fire While Attempting Viral ‘Fire Challenge'

Beck.er.

All Star
Daps
Breh. SHE SET HERSELF ON FIRE! There has to be a line man. You HAVE to know at 12 years old NOT to set yourself on fire.
Saw I white dude set his lips/mouth on fire trying to do a flaming shot in college. He'd have been fcked if it weren't for a sober, quick thinking, non-idiot friend that had been discouraging the stupid drinking challenge from the beginning. Half his face ended up covered in blisters as it was.

When you make something a game or challenge, add in audience/peer pressure, you can get people to do all kinds of stupid shyt they wouldn't do otherwise.
Usually the goal of the challenge is to do something dramatic and avoid personal injury and people get so caught up they overlook what happens if you fail the challenge or make a mistake.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Stupid is stupid...whether black, white or any other race.
No sympathy for any of it.
:yeshrug::mjlol::pacspit:

Of course you idiots quoting a white supremacist like Darwin would think this:mjlol:
I have sympathy for black children doing things they've seen others do,and it worked out fine.

Beck.er.

All Star
Daps
Fire challenge :mjlol:

They're getting lazy out here.

How's it supposed to look?
Had to do my googles cuz I've never heard of this shyt.

Winning the challenge is being able to put it out before the flames do damage :dwillhuh:

I'm guessing the key is to use something like rubbing alcohol that evaporates quickly, apply a light layer instead of dousing, choose something "manageable" like a small part of the back of your hand, and have the inhuman calm and concentration (and preparation and help from friends...) to quickly extinguish the flames.

Chick in the video mentions her girl friends admitted to doing it when they were early teens before Facebook existed.
:14 through :53

Last edited:

Beck.er.

All Star
Daps
Its not just the youngins lacking sense.:snoop:
Mother-arrested-after-allowing-son-to-take-Fire-Challenge.jpg

North Carolina mom Janie Talley helped son, 16, partake in "fire challenge," police say - CBS News

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -Police say they arrested a 41-year-old Charlotte woman accused of helping her teen son set himself on fire as part of a dare known as the "fire challenge" that is gaining popularity on social media.

Participants in the challenge pour flammable liquids on themselves and set them ablaze, hopefully extinguishing the flames before they burn the skin.

A spokesman for the Jaycee Burn Center in Chapel Hill says the hospital has had a 12-year-old and a 14-year-old in the past three weeks with serious burns from the challenge.

Police say Janie Talley's 16-year-old son suffered minor burns when he panicked after setting himself on fire. Others had to help him put out the fire, which was videotaped and posted online.

CBS affiliate WBTV reports Talley's son sustained minor burns to his chest and neck area.

Police say Talley was present and aware of what her son was doing and even facilitated the recording, according to the station.

"All I know... it was silly, silly decision for him to make... and I mean it happened and we're working through it right now," Talley told the station. :why:

The 41-year-old was arrested on Wednesday, August 6. She is charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Facebook has reportedly removed similar "fire challenge" videos from its site to avoid any copycat videos, police officials in Charlotte said, according to the station.

ndthentherewasx

El Capitan
Daps
Reppin
Tejas, Texas Sur

Winning the challenge is being able to put it out before the flames do damage :dwillhuh:

I'm guessing the key is to use something like rubbing alcohol that evaporates quickly, apply a light layer instead of dousing, choose something "manageable" like a small part of the back of your hand, and have the inhuman calm and concentration (and preparation and help from friends...) to quickly extinguish the flames.

Chick in the video mentions her girl friends admitted to doing it when they were early teens before Facebook existed.

Damn internet :snoop:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Im negging nikkas left and right in this thread:wow:

Same nikkas who were drunk driving every week at age 21,joining the military at 18,and still having raw sex with strangers talking down on a child about danger,and what they should be smart enough to know:martin:

Hold this neg Superman

Kids think:
FcRh.gif

But really end up:
tumblr_nj7f6mRPmh1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Last edited:

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
Goddamn it man, it was a black kid doing this too.

At 12 the last thing on my mind was to light myself on fire, sure I played with fire but never ever in my black ass mind did I ever contemplate lighting myself on fire. At most im lighting a paper on fire in the sink and turning the water on when the flame is too high.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
You would think with all the information at peoples fingertips these days with the internet kids would be smarter... but it seems like it's having the opposite effect. They are getting dumber.
They use the internet for pop culture, not to actually learn things of value.

Because of the internet, I learned debt was bad early on and that many people spent their entire lives paying off student loan debt. So I went to community college first than transferred.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Im negging nikkas left and right in this thread:wow:

Same nikkas who were drunk driving every week at age 21,joining the military at 18,and still having raw sex with strangers talking down on a child about danger,and what they should be smart enough to know:martin:
I've never done any of those things, this little girl and all those involved should have had more sense.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:why:

Homey the clown

Homey don't play that
Daps
Reppin
Unknown
Her being 12 is no excuse. Most five year olds know the dangers of fire. Hell most animals know fire is dangerous. I feel bad for the girl but what she did was dumb.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

20, 25 plus years ago, we were getting jiggy to this as kids. now these kids don't even know how to stop, drop and roll. they trying to get their johnny the human torch on. as i said, the 70s and 80s babies were trying to not get murdered by other kids. these 90s, 2000 babies trying to kill themselves instead. these kids know all about fakebook and all these tech gadgets but don't know basic safety. wtf? these parents clearly aren't fukking raising their kids right.