Giancarlo Esposito thinks him as Professor X & Denzel Washington as Magneto “would be great.”

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Hermione was actually always supposed to be Black but the studio changed it cause they were iffy on a main character/potential love interest being Black in 1999
I'm not buying this unless you have some receipts

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:
main-qimg-0954dd97283a075d95117899fdc5d595-lq

Last edited:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY

Just double checked, apparently JK Rowling says she only describe her as a buck toothed girl with frizzy hair, but her face became "white with dread" in one chapter so she could either be a light skinned black girl or mediterranean looking. Shes being ambiguous about it for brownie points :beli:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
He’s right.

The world ain’t ready for it though. :wow:

He's WRONG.

and Cacs would definitely push this.

Making Professor X and Magneto black would be putting out two of the biggest SUPER c00n characters we've seen from Hollywood

Two black men with godlike superpowers fighting for "mutant liberation" instead of Black Liberation along with disassociating from the black race entirely? :scust:

How can y'all even fukk with that concept?

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
:mjlol:So y’all would be ok with a white Storm? Race Swapping is lazy especially for iconic characters.
I wouldn’t give a fukk if it’s written well, and not some lazy ass cash grab. Most race swaps are the latter, not former.

When Samuel L became Nick Fury, he crushed the shyt. Even in Blade with Whistler (forgot how his names spelled), Kris Kristopherson held it down.
I would have preferred the original concept but it got the movie made.

I think the new Blade will go back to a black Whistler.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
They need to stop with this ish. Just say NO to these stupid ideas. Let Prof X and Magneto be as they are. I hate race/gender bending. Just create new characters even if they're similar in theme...Firestar for Torch, Carnage as a non-replacement for Venom, Spyke in X-Men: Evolution, hell, X-23 or Chloe Sullivan.

I wouldn’t give a fukk if it’s written well, and not some lazy ass cash grab. Most race swaps are the latter, not former.

When Samuel L became Nick Fury, he crushed the shyt. Even in Blade with Whistler (forgot how his names spelled), Kris Kristopherson held it down.
I would have preferred the original concept but it got the movie made.

I think the new Blade will go back to a black Whistler.
Whistler was created by David Goyer, and used by the Spider-Man TV show before the move came out. He was never black. Blade had another mentor prior to that, that was black, but it wasn't Whistler

And Samuel L Nick Fury is a completely different character than the old white Fury. Funny, that him (even though technically, it's now a different character), Miles & to a lower extent, The Maker are the only surviving mainstays from Ultimate Marvel, where they were free to make any changes they wanted.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
He's WRONG.

and Cacs would definitely push this.

Making Professor X and Magneto black would be putting out two of the biggest SUPER c00n characters we've seen from Hollywood

Two black men with godlike superpowers fighting for "mutant liberation" instead of Black Liberation along with disassociating from the black race entirely? :scust:

How can y'all even fukk with that concept?

when you put it like dat

tenor.gif

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It WOULD be great but both of them are too talented for present day Marvel.

Marvel needs to show and prove they still got the juice and can tell great stories again. They better knock Fantastic Four out of the park.

I can’t see Denzel wanting to sign on for 4-5 movies playing the same character. He rarely does sequels and like Leonardo Di’Caprio he doesn’t need the genre as he’s his own brand. Plus he’s been focusing on bringing all of August Wilson’s plays to the big screen.