• Total voters

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Kool G Rap would massacre Ghostface on a collar

and as a rapper G Rap was fundamentally unique and inspirational with his fast style of rap

Screwtape

All Star
Daps
embarrasingly ive never heard much g rap even though i listen a lot to those whos styles he fathered, any recs on where to start brehs?

Representar

All Star
Daps
Had to vote for KGR but was a hard choice 2 of my all time favorites, KGR set the template though so I can't elevate the student over the teacher.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Grap is the godfather of the whole 90s movement. Ghost would tell u the same. All time id have to rank grap ahead of ghost but in my personal rankings yea i out on ghost before g rap but thats just the guy.

Ghost/g rap - ghost and giacana

Songs even but g got it.

Where ghost shines is when he gets creative which is when i put him ahead of g rap. G more like raekwon every verse is dope.

Last edited:

KingsOfKings

π•„π•’π••π•π•šπ•“ π•šπ•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒π•₯
Daps
Ghost has a better discog
G would get him though.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
This is probably true. Skill wise in flow, lyricism, storytelling, and etc... GFk cant fukk with G rap (even though GFK is very very good at those things), but I dont think Kool G Rap could ever make a song like All I Got is you or have the emotional delivery and versatility that gfk has.

Edge of sanity

You nikkaz have lost your minds in this thread.

How is g rap tied with gfk.

You nikkaz tweak'n.
All that I got is you, is arguably the best rap song ever made. [edit: Arguably one of the best songs ever made in music history and probably the best tear jerker in music history] After that, it is a complete caisson like ravine between g rap and any one else other than rakim.
What are you nikkaz listening to or listening to this shyt for.

If you think ghost is anywhere near listening to g rap.

Y'all have tweaked.

Art Barr

Last edited:

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
g rap is prolly top 3 lyricist of all time and ahead of ghost on a pure emceein lvl

but ghosts own brand of raps ... idk i cant put many ahead of him. few emcees could go bar for bar... ghosts had better production too but i try to keep that out of it. he has more range than g rap and more emotional depth for sure..

ghost

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
g rap is prolly top 3 lyricist of all time and ahead of ghost on a pure emceein lvl

but ghosts own brand of raps ... idk i cant put many ahead of him. few emcees could go bar for bar... ghosts had better production too but i try to keep that out of it. he has more range than g rap and more emotional depth for sure..

ghost

Not at all,....

Kool g rap has written the definitive ideals of storytelling and depth in rap and it all encompasses the realest feeling of content. Even if it for that story such as tequila sunrise. it is presented in a mythical ideal as far as background, premise or basis for the tale or environment. where the said rhyme will occur. That in wutang's style of feudal Asian covert content style rhymes applied to an urban ideal. more or less revolves around g rap's already created ideals. That in that Wu tang could never branch outside of its production based direction to illustrate in the same manner as g rap in any realm of production or sonic landscape.
With g rap I could transplant g rap to west coast production and it will match the feel of the arena in every possible way. Whereas with gfk and all of Wu tang that would never ever work.
Gfk is more an artist who ramped and could do so because of the brilliant defining scope sonically of a wutang project in direction. Yet in that is also limiting and where the superiority of g rap being the best gangsta rapper, and story teller of all time. Including being and is the next best technical marvel in rap behind rakim. set him distinctly apart from anyone in rap history.

For any story you can cite gfk for.
g rap has a more elaborate and defining story in a smaller way more skilled sample pool and in time line. Where, his small sample pool is more difficult to recreate by any artist in rap history and also is not confined to one single sonic color pattern in region or style of expression.

Art Barr