Ghostface Killah & RZA 'Staten Island' - Warriors (Album) [10/18/24]

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Producers would you would definitely have to include Roc, Bronze, V-Don, Alchemist and maybe Hit in there somewhere
100% this. I mentioned in that GFK album thread that in 2024 there’s no excuse for bad production. There’s currently those “type beat” type beats that even sound dope, so rappers today shouldn’t be having these dated beats that sound like they were made from memory.

REAL6

All Star
Daps
West was supposed to do a R.A.G.U. album a few years back.

I hate pre announcements as shyt never materialises.

Same...

You talked a little bit about your passion for being a music curator. Who are some artists that you’d like to EP a project for, outside of the Griselda orbit?

I mean, that’s what I do anyway. I curate. So once I stop, I’m about to just focus on that anyway. I had already approached a couple of artists about doing something. I felt like doing something with Jada right now, while all eyes is on Jada, he should let me curate or provide the soundtrack for him to just come body. I feel it’d actually even be his best project.

I done already hit up Raekwon to try to do an old school, grimey Raekwon and Ghostface project, but I curate it. I could do something for Anderson .Paak. Switch it all the way up. Melanie Charles. Somebody that could just sing, got a beautiful voice, and could play instruments. Then I just come and provide the soundtrack and we just cook up and add those crazy MCs on top of this shyt and make it special. I’m about to start doing all of that now. It’s not even about me no more. I don’t have to rhyme to still give you those same results.

Sean7

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Both been washed for a long time :francis:
I think Fishscale is the last album I got to be dead honest and that was 06? That is the last one I liked and listened to more than a few times... Rza it's been a loooong time solo wise and beat wise, since Rae's CL2 maybe for production and album wins Digital Bullet was it pretty much (I always wanted The CURE over those Digital albums to be honest). I agree.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
I think Fishscale is the last album I got to be dead honest and that was 06? That is the last one I liked and listened to more than a few times... Rza it's been a loooong time solo wise and beat wise, since Rae's CL2 maybe for production and album wins Digital Bullet was it pretty much (I always wanted The CURE over those Digital albums to be honest). I agree.

Yeah, the Big Doe Rehab was the last Ghosh album i remember listening to more than once

Everything else that’s comes after it has been a blur to me now

OrbanTrilltor

All Star
Daps
If Ghostface could make a new PERFECT album in your eyes what exactly do you want? Producers, content, features, voice, album cover?

okay, hear me out

a new Wizard of Poetry style album
but with Tyler The Creator as the executive producer

:patrice:

I mean Supreme Clientele is one of my all time favorite albums. That's the GOAT.
But he will never ever top that, no matter how many producers and features you throw at him.
So lets hear him out of that lane.

Last edited:

Crumple

All Star
Daps
okay, hear me out

a new Wizard of Poetry style album
but with Tyler The Creator as the executive producer

:patrice:

I mean Supreme Clientele is one of my all time favorite albums. That's the GOAT.
But he will never ever top that, no matter how many producers and features you throw at him.
So lets hear him out of that lane.

Word and you know what's crazy?

People tripped on non RZA produced albums back then. All over the place multi producer albums.

But Supreme Clientele is a classic album - but it's one of those Multi producer non RZA albums!

It has a formula that should have not worked but it did.

Ultimately it comes down to beat selection I believe.

Metal Face

Superstar
Daps
its not a GFK RZA album
I think its them as a feature on the Lin Miranda album

Crumple

All Star
Daps
100% this. I mentioned in that GFK album thread that in 2024 there’s no excuse for bad production. There’s currently those “type beat” type beats that even sound dope, so rappers today shouldn’t be having these dated beats that sound like they were made from memory.

I almost missed your reply to my question to you cause you replied off the three others that responded to my question to you:

If Ghostface could make a new PERFECT album in your eyes what exactly do you want? Producers, content, features, voice, album cover?

This is my Answer
1. All Hardcore sample based RZA beats
2. Or All Supreme Clientele beat producers
3 A cool photo of Him and Raekwon in New York dipped in new Fly gear - but hip hop baggy
4. Angry/assertive content
5. Some feel good content
6. An honest fact based track about how he feels about his Gay son - hopefully ending in love and being positive but more on whatever he feels his truth and honesty
7. A track about Ol' Dirty - or did he have one released or unreleased?
8. Video shot in NY