Ghost Song (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (November 3, 2022)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
From what I seen in a video the enemies don’t seem like a threat, all got very telegraphed movesets :patrice:

ya I stopped playing after an enemy encounter…I jumped on top of rock and like 3 of them just walked right into the rock and kept walking in place while I shot at them like fish in a barrel…I just laughed and turned the game off at that point…it looks great but the gameplay is just boring

Knockoff Metroid, on my momma :dead:

ya I immediately thought so

a lot of reviews describe the game as having a beautifully “haunting” “lonely” atmosphere but after playing it early these feel like “euphemisms” for boring lmao…the challenge isn’t there for me nor is the interest to keep exploring the map which for me is usually the fun part

the game is about 6-7 hours…I put in maybe about 2…I don’t feel like I need to play more to see if it’ll become more enjoyable for me

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ya I stopped playing after an enemy encounter…I jumped on top of rock and like 3 of them just walked right into the rock and kept walking in place while I shot at them like fish in a barrel…I just laughed and turned the game off at that point…it looks great but the gameplay is just boring

ya I immediately thought so

a lot of reviews describe the game as having a beautifully “haunting” “lonely” atmosphere but after playing it early these feel like “euphemisms” for boring lmao…the challenge isn’t there for me nor is the interest to keep exploring the map which for me is usually the fun part

the game is about 6-7 hours…I put in maybe about 2…I don’t feel like I need to play more to see if it’ll become more enjoyable for me

None of these metroidvanias or "retro" style games are worth playing, they are just half ass versions of old ass games

If you want play Metroid, play Metroid, its ten times better than what an indie developer can rip off

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Woat opinion

Not an opinion a fact

this game is a terrible version of metroid, there's no reason to play this game or any of these indie game like this, because they are inferior versions of a game series that already exists

people like you suffer from gamers addiction, and this is who these trash developers target

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Not an opinion a fact

this game is a terrible version of metroid, there's no reason to play this game or any of these indie game like this, because they are inferior versions of a game series that already exists

people like you suffer from gamers addiction, and this is who these trash developers target

Metroid ain’t even the best metroidvania game anymore

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
whoa whoa whoa, slow down wilbur!

Hollow Knight took the crown and Silk Song running with it like T’challa in End Game.

black-panther-endgame-gif.gif

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hollow Knight took the crown and Silk Song running with it like T’challa in End Game.

black-panther-endgame-gif.gif

I still need to play this…I couldn’t get into it tho the one time I tried…no knock on the game at all since I haven’t really played it…I just didn’t feel like diving into it at the time…maybe I’ll jump into it again now since I bailed on ghost song

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I still need to play this…I couldn’t get into it tho the one time I tried…no knock on the game at all since I haven’t really played it…I just didn’t feel like diving into it at the time…maybe I’ll jump into it again now since I bailed on ghost song

Its probably in my top 10 of all time, i wasn’t even feining for it when i played it, it just hooked me immediately. I know when Silksong come out its gonna crush buildings, might be the first indie title to have a realistic shot at GOTY

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
None of these metroidvanias or "retro" style games are worth playing, they are just half ass versions of old ass games

If you want play Metroid, play Metroid, its ten times better than what an indie developer can rip off
Completely disagree

An indie developer made a better remake of Metroid 2 than Nintendo did.

:mjlol:

Ori and the blind forest, hollow knight, salt and sanctuary, dead cells>>>Metroid dread.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Completely disagree

An indie developer made a better remake of Metroid 2 than Nintendo did.

:mjlol:

Ori and the blind forest, hollow knight, salt and sanctuary, dead cells>>>Metroid dread.

Metroid 2 is a gameboy game what are you talking about, and that crap indie game is just a copy of a game that was already made it's not better than super metroid on SNES

Ori, Holly Knight, Salt and sanctuary, are trash games for one two they metroidvanias, which means they are copies of symphony of the night their gameplay is nothing like Metroid, the map is just in the same style

Metroid isn't a metroidvania, it's just metroid

Metroidvania is a castlevania style platform with a metroid style map, the gameplay is nothing like the metroid games

like I said gamer's addiction

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Metroid 2 is a gameboy game what are you talking about, and that crap indie game is just a copy of a game that was already made it's not better than super metroid on SNES
Nintendo remade metroid 2 for the DS, it wasn't very good. That indie game was much better.
Ori, Holly Knight, Salt and sanctuary, are trash games for one two they metroidvanias, which means they are copies of symphony of the night their gameplay is nothing like Metroid, the map is just in the same style
Maybe you just have a trash taste in games because the vast majority of people disagree with those games being trash.
Metroid isn't a metroidvania, it's just metroid

Metroidvania is a castlevania style platform with a metroid style map, the gameplay is nothing like the metroid games
You're wrong, metroid is a metroidvania and is credited as the series that pioneered the genre. It didn't become a sub genre until castlevania took metroids exploration based semi open world level structure and added castlevania gameplay.