Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut + Iki Island Announced

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Got a Wal-Mart gift card from work, used that and some money and picked this up with the reduced price :ehh:

Would people recommend starting with the Japanese voice over?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Got a Wal-Mart gift card from work, used that and some money and picked this up with the reduced price :ehh:

First time?? You’re in for a treat.

If you got the directors cut japanese is good, the original doesn’t have accurate lip synch for the japanese audio. I honestly played both ways but i enjoy the english voice acting since thats how it was originally recorded and motion capped.

Also for an action game where theres a lot going on in-game I’d rather just not have to read subtitles

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
First time?? You’re in for a treat.

If you got the directors cut japanese is good, the original doesn’t have accurate lip synch for the japanese audio. I honestly played both ways but i enjoy the english voice acting since thats how it was originally recorded and motion capped.

Also for an action game where theres a lot going on in-game I’d rather just not have to read subtitles

Yeah, I got the directors cut. Should arrive Wednesday.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO

You'll get conflicting opinions but for me, I can only play this in Japanese. It's so much more immersive and as a swift reader, it's never an issue for me to follow what's going on. The English dub just doesn't resonate with me and imo, Jin's Japanese VA is significantly more emotional & layered than the English VA.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
You'll get conflicting opinions but for me, I can only play this in Japanese. It's so much more immersive and as a swift reader, it's never an issue for me to follow what's going on. The English dub just doesn't resonate with me and imo, Jin's Japanese VA is significantly more emotional & layered than the English VA.
The only problem with Japanese is that not everything gets translated. There's no subtitles for random NPC banter and I feel like that matters in terms of world building. NPCs will gossip about rumors of your actions during the game, but none of it is subbed which sucks because that's how you get an idea of how people feel about The Ghost.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
The only problem with Japanese is that not everything gets translated. There's no subtitles for random NPC banter and I feel like that matters in terms of world building. NPCs will gossip about rumors of your actions during the game, but none of it is subbed which sucks because that's how you get an idea of how people feel about The Ghost.

Fair point. It never bothered me or detracted from the experience as those random, side conversations are a fraction of the dialouge and repeat after a handful of lines, but it's possible some would care. I still strongly prefer and recommend the Japanese dub off the basis of immersion and that I find the Japanese dub to be superior in quality than the English dub in almost every conceivable way. NPC chatter being a factor in one's decision is fair, though.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse

Yeah, I did the Japanese voices even before they added the lip synching. Only way to play in my opinion.