Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut + Iki Island Announced

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
There are definitely things only present and possible in the PS5 update of Ghost of Tsushima, starting with some incredibly fast load times. Where the PS4 version (loading from an external SSD on my PS5) takes over a minute to go from launch to being in-game and playing, the PS5 version takes a mere 15 seconds. Fast travel, while already shockingly fast before, is now essentially instant – even when zipping from Iki to Tsushima. Haptic feedback from the DualSense is a lot of fun, both in the clanging of metal in the heat of battle as well as more subtle actions like your horses hooves as you ride and the satisfying slide and click of your sword being sheathed.

Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut PS5 Review - Bigger, Bolder And More Beautiful Than Ever

Both haptics and adaptive trigger support have been introduced and they manage to raise immersion in some excellent ways. The tension you feel on the R2 trigger when firing arrows is perfect, far better than other attempts from other games, and the footstep haptics that change depends on the surface is a very nice touch. Truly mind-blowing though, is the music that the controller emits, not from the speaker, but from the haptics themselves. Playing the flute in-game as you hear and feel the notes is surreal and actually quite beautiful.

Ghost Of Tsushima Director's Cut Review

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
if you have the PS4 version of the game you can order the PS4 version of the director’s cut now for $19.99 and then pay $10 for the PS5 upgrade on friday OR you can just wait til friday to buy the PS5 version of the director’s cut AND the upgrade for $29.99
Maybe in 6 months to a year this is dirt cheap. I can wait to play as I've already not played this yet. It just feels bad that you can't get all the PS5 upgrades for free and opt into buying the expansion part. There's a history of this on PlayStation though with Spiderman so it's to be expected now.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looks dope I’ll be copping tomorrow, I probably won’t get around to playing the entire game but I’ll have when I can:ehh:

I’m just waiting for Tales and Deathloop :feedme:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
SlimBriskBlacklemur-size_restricted.gif