Get Out (2017)

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I thought this was going to be like a long ass episode of Key and Peele and I just hoped that it would have been one of their better ones instead of a dud. But Jordan Peele crafted a great movie and took the time with this to make sure he got it right. Get Out is definitely the type of movie to see on multiple viewings.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
OMG, this had never crossed my mind until now. Probably another subliminal about the oversexualization of black bodies. Ugh.
This is why she's become the subject of a lot of think pieces and a tragic character.

Through all her strife she was the one who fought the hardest to escape..not just for her freedom, but to help warn him. It's believed she was the one who kept opening that door.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
C6hFsSwXUAA-Qzn.jpg

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
JUst saw it again.

Some more things I picked up.

-Rose dies on the side of the road, slowly, like Chris's mother did.

-Chris's phone was unplugged twice. Second time was with Georgina, but the first time was when he woke up after being hypnotized.

-When Rod calls and Rose answers, she is nervous when Rod tells her he talked to the police. She calms back down when Rod tells her all he told them was that Chris was missing. Basically showing that even she knows the police don't care about missing black people.

-Georgina is actually very beautiful.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
JUst saw it again.

Some more things I picked up.

-Rose dies on the side of the road, slowly, like Chris's mother did.

-Chris's phone was unplugged twice. Second time was with Georgina, but the first time was when he woke up after being hypnotized.

-When Rod calls and Rose answers, she is nervous when Rod tells her he talked to the police. She calms back down when Rod tells her all he told them was that Chris was missing. Basically showing that even she knows the police don't care about missing black people.

-Georgina is actually very beautiful.

:ohhh:Damn. Great catches. This movie is gonna keep on giving with multiple watches. I can't wait until it ends up on people's syllabi to watch with the class.

Last edited:

HabitualLineSteppa

....Fuh Q.
Daps
Rose literally had the keys to Chris' freedom...She dressed it up, lured him in, giving off the illusion of inclusion and progression (while telling "white lies"), only to swiftly and affirmatively deny such a freedom...

Remember when she told Chris' her dad is the type to say he'd vote for Obama's "third term" and insisted he wasn't racist?
Remember when Chris let her know he gotta dip and she said that "they're racists" as a means to show solidarity with Chris' decision to leave?

So you're parents aren't racist but all of their friends are?? :jbhmm:

"White lies".

:wow:

Peep how Chris' instincts at the party kicked into overdrive and he confided in the enemy (Rose) who introduced him to the hostile environment. He knew very well he would come off as paranoid but he still said his peace about it (like how black folks have BEEN talking about the injustices that have affected us over numerous generations). He innately knew this situation wasn't right...But, like most of us learn, the wheels are already in motion and there was nothing more he could negotiate...

He ended up having to resort to unapologetic, unrivaled, and unbridled rampages JUST to survive and grasp a piece of freedom, even if the freedom is short-lived...(IE..."Rioting)..

:wow:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rose literally had the keys to Chris' freedom...She dressed it up, lured him in, giving off the illusion of inclusion and progression (while telling "white lies"), only to swiftly and affirmatively deny such a freedom...

Did she really?:jbhmm:

I think that's the perception but Chris gained his freedom by fighting and help from other brothers and sisters. Look at it this way:

Rod - woke
Chris - still "black" but has one foot in the "white world"
The Transplants - black bodies lost to whiteness

Chris received no help from any white characters nor the authorities (even being black themselves). He learned that venturing towards whiteness would lead to him losing himself. His only way out was to rely on black assistance. In the process of Chris becoming fully woke he was able to awaken the ones in the sunken place. They all attempted to help Chris and guide him to freedom.

I'm mad Andre's cac was talking about it was too hard to go outside. Can't live a day as a black man huh? :russ: It's really not that serious breh....can't even survive a second out there :dead:

I'm not sure if that's why. He looked at his lady and said, "I haven't had much desire to leave the house in a while." She said, "We've become such home bodies:shaq:." They both laughed as well as the other guests so he was alluding to her wanting that all day BBC action:mjgrin:

Plus you could see how Logan's lady was trying to pull him away from Chris. She was nervous that his cover would be blown. He said he doesn't venture out into the city much and the "chores (sex) are his sanctuary." The Transplantation isn't fully stable so they probably stay in seclusion most times.