Gerald "Prince" Miller from the Supreme Team will be released from prison on September 11th

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Those Dominican coke dealers on the Hill in Harlem weren't tricking down anything to the community in the 80s and 90s. They bought store fronts all over Broadway but that was their shyt. Any profits they saw went to them not us. Poverty still existed and people were on welfare, food stamps and going to free lunches and food pantries from churches. People were still getting evicted from their homes from lack of rent. Homeless shelters were a thing. The Jamaicans who sold weed down the Hill were struggling with the rest of us and would look at you funny if you asked for credit on a 5 dollar bag of weed. Drug dealers ate for a while but then would go to prison. How could drugs keep the hood from starving when the ones on drugs sacrificed food to get high? I Always hated that fake story that used to be told in the early 2000s as if dope dealers were really helping their communities financially like that.
Thx.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
'And that's why I said I always hated that fake story that used to be told in the early 2000s as if dope dealers were really helping their communities financially like that. It got you really thinking that the money they made really came back to us like that SOMEWHERE. I know none of my family saw any of it. When I lived on The Hill those Dominican dealers only offered to watch my moms car when she parked it on the block. That's it. And we still had our apartment burglarized more then once so it wasn't like they were really holding us down with any real protection. Plus those same dealers would try to sell me dope whenever they saw me alone. One time a dealer tried to coerce me and didn't see my mom behind me and she had to scold him about communicating with me seeing I was a child. They never once gave me a 20 dollar bill to play video games or buy ice cream like we see in the hood movies and rap videos. They had fly cars but never once helped my mom or grandma with rent or groceries. My family and many others looked at the drug dealers on the block as thorns in the community and I will always hate how 90's Hip Hop made the drug dealer into this folk hero. I'm done.
Drugs took the money out of the community. Black dope dealers were just middle men, like the 'bourgeoisie compradore' in China.

Crack did to black people what opium did to Chinese in the 19th century: took money out of the community and sent it to the one producing the drug. Exchange wealth for high.

I don't even talk about the families destrpyed which also had economic consequences for black people.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
I would never say that money was spent entirely inclusively.....like that's a dumb thing to say or think. Only that it was spent.

The positioning of what I said vs what you implied, are not the same. That drug dealers gave anyone money? No. Though it probably happened.

That much money in a community being made, it went somewhere. There's probably an economic term for what I am describing, like infusion of capital into a community.
Drug took the money out of the community. That money took from for black people hooked on crack was split between black drug dealers and the foreigners who produced the drug. There was no wealth produced for black people, it was a tranfert of wealth.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Drug took the money out of the community. That money took from for black people hooked on crack was split between black drug dealers and the foreigners who produced the drug. There was no wealth produced for black people, it was a tranfert of wealth.

Don't want to seem like I am making a semantical argument, based on your use of "transfer of wealth" or "wealth produced" and what I posted, but that is NOT what I am saying. That it produced wealth for communities. I don't believe that to be true. only that it generated capital around the communities.

Same street, same block, same year: If a family has a budget of 17,000 a year, how much is spent on products from local businesses? Or chain ones that employ local people

if a different family has a budget of 147,000, how much more will they spend in the same places, to some degree?

and see the Nas lyrics, which I posted 100% just to quote Nas about Prince, says "the drugs kept the hood from starving" he wasn't talking about generational wealth and I wasn't either.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Preme was literally convicted for murder
Prince was never charged for a body
If I'm not mistaken didn't get also get convicted of facilitating a murder? I think he paid his PO to find the address of a rival drug dealer and had them killed or something like that.

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drugs took the money out of the community. Black dope dealers were just middle men, like the 'bourgeoisie compradore' in China.

Crack did to black people what opium did to Chinese in the 19th century: took money out of the community and sent it to the one producing the drug. Exchange wealth for high.

I don't even talk about the families destrpyed which also had economic consequences for black people.
That's BS. Most black businesses in the hood are funded by drug money. Also people from the suburbs travel to the hood to purchase drugs bring more money into the community.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Black people weren't the only one buying drugs
Yes, but the drugs sold in the hood impoverished black people: their money went to black drugs dealers AND south american cartels.

That's BS. Most black businesses in the hood are funded by drug money. Also people from the suburbs travel to the hood to purchase drugs bring more money into the community.
Who were the bigger consumers (number wise) of crack sold in black communities?

If non black were the main consumers, it willmzan you right

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Government cares more about taking tax free money and nikkas being prosperous than nikkas being killed
Wasn't Prince knocked on RICO while he was the acting boss in the mid-early 90s while Preme got knocked on multiple murders in 05-07? :dahell: