Georgia 6th Congressional District Special Election - (Handel WINS 52%-48% over Ossoff)

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
im gonna take a sleeping pill and go to sleep.

really, fukk everything. nothing matters any more

fukk Dwight Howard and Im glad he got traded again [bright spot in my evening]
if America is even still around next year I will go to a Charlotte game and boo him.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
An argument can probably be made that given all the attention on this race from the outside, it probably motivated otherwise unmotivated Republicans to go out and vote against the "liberal establishment".

It's not like Handel was a motivating candidate. However human beings have an natural inclination to supporting the underdog and wanting to take down what they perceive as the "top dog" down. By so much outside focus from non-native Democrats on this being some sort of national referendum on Trump probably was counter productive. I've cringed a few times today from headlines like the NYT's "Today's election is a referendum on Republicans in Georgia- and Trump" or something to that effect. A few other political sites were running the same headline and everyone couldn't avoid mentioning Trump.

The common saying "all politics is local" is probably apt here. This might have ended up helping the Democrat in SC who did not get this attention

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The dem in SC is holding his own :lupe:

The National Democrats are pathetic. They put all of their chips into one Congressional race in Atlanta. They put little to no resources in that South Carolina race or in than Montana race, but come to find out those races were within the Democrats grasp if they would have just put a little more effort and money into those races.

I didn't even know that they was a damn election in South Carolina until the results started coming in. The national Democrats are a joke.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
i don't see the obsession with these races where a trump cabinet member was the previous seat holder. these were safe seats. the shock would be republicans losing them.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
The National Democrats are pathetic. They put all of their chips into one Congressional race in Atlanta. They put little to no resources in that South Carolina race or in than Montana race, but come to find out those races were within the Democrats grasp if they would have just put a little more effort and money into those races.

I didn't even know that they was a damn election in South Carolina until the results started coming in. The national Democrats are a joke.
Like I said it might be the fact the democrats stayed out of SC that helped.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like I said it might be the fact the democrats stayed out of SC that helped.

They did not have to go into some place to be in some place. They could have spread the resources out a little more between Atlanta, South Carolina and Montana. The leadership of the Democratic Party is terrible and it is getting worse. They can not even beat a shythead Party that is running away from Trump.

Bernie needs to kick off that 3rd party.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
They did not have to go into some place to be in some place. They could have spread the resources out a little more between Atlanta, South Carolina and Montana. The leadership of the Democratic Party is terrible and it is getting worse. They can not even beat a shythead Party that is running away from Trump.

I don't think Dems even had a shot at Montana or SC. It's a numbers issue

:manny:

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston

Bernie didn't help the Montana guy...